Tony Romo? Yes please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Romo? Yes please!

He would be an upgrade over any QB we have had in Houston.
    I don't know if it would even be possible so let's toss it around.
    Personally, I'm in. ALL in.

Wouldn't mind taking a shot at him at all. Not sure I'd give up a 1st, but I'd definitely throw a 2nd at him and see if he can stay healthy.

However, the trading deadline is past.
    Why do people point toward their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point toward their hooha when asking where the bathroom is?

Comment

Originally posted by aussiedave View Post
      I agree. He would be the best QB we have ever had. I just don't think he can stay healthy anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by texun View Post

I agree. He would be the best QB we have ever had. I just don't think he can stay healthy anymore.
        Yep, a bunch of hurdles to get over including comp from other teams but we can always dream.

Comment

I'm in for that. Draft O line and give him protection then let's make it happen

Comment

Romo is too injury prone for me, especially the dreaded back injuries.

This relatively benign looking hit is what caused his most recent vertebral fracture...

2016 NFL Back Romo fractured a vertabra in the 3rd preseason game.
            2015 NFL Upper arm Romo was sacked hard and fractured his collarbone on his non throwing shoulder. He was placed on IR/Return and returned in week 10
            2014 NFL Back Romo fractured the transverse process in his back in 2 places on Monday Night Football in week 8. He missed the following week but returned in week 10
            2013 NFL Back In week 16 Romo spun free from the pocket in the fourth quarter Sunday and herniated the disc in his back. The injury was season ending (he somehow managed to complete the game) and he needed surgery to repair the disc

Comment

Cowboys claim Romo will be back next season

Speaking Thursday, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said there was "no consideration" to Tony Romo not returning to the team next season.

Maybe for Jones there's no consideration, but you can bet there has been and will be for Romo. Romo has been as professional as possible about his benching, but also made clear he has no plans to fade into irrelevancy. He'll seek starting duties in 2017, and Dallas will almost certainly accommodate him. Romo has earned that right. There's a lot to go between now and then, of course, but there's a legitimate chance Romo has taken his last Cowboys snap.
              Source: Todd Archer on Twitter

Comment

But he made me cry and that isn't nice!

Comment

That hit might look benign on that replay but it was pretty good squishing with twisting that back. But I agree that he probably can't stay healthy, but I don't care, I'd try to get him.
                  Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
                  TexansCap.com

Comment

I like Romo. He needs to take calcium supplements for his bones though!
                    1. Kelly, C, 2. Henry TE, 3. Shepard WR, 4. Ward DE, 5. Burns, CB, 6. Martinez ILB 7. Hall CB

Comment

Rumors are that Romo is available. And the way Dak is playing in the playoffs right now, it looks more likely he will be traded. Do we go for Romo? What does our cap look like with BO cap hit?

Comment

Originally posted by aussiedave View Post
                        Are you serious? Romo is in worse shape than Manning was. And in the past 2-4 years he has not finished a full season he has missed 1-2 games of and on and/or not finished them. Meaning you pay good money for still needing a QB to finish a few games or to finish the season. Then, if he did stay healthy he is a regular season good fantasy player but he chokes in the playoffs every year he has been. That's why Dallas and Houston are almost tied for playoff games and wins. Issue is that Dallas had a full team and Houston was a "pick apart" of cast offs when we entered the league. And after all this time the 2 teams records for playoff games and wins is very similar.

Most know that, which is why when talks of Romo started as rumors online, over half of the people I work with said if Romo came to Houston they would sell tickets and rent their PSLs and cheer for a different team till after he was gone.

You cant cross the 2 teams or by now both would have players from the other via trades. How many Cowgirls do the Texans have? Yep, zero
                        JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
                          Romo is too injury prone for me, especially the dreaded back injuries.

This relatively benign looking hit is what caused his most recent vertebral fracture...

2016 NFL Back Romo fractured a vertabra in the 3rd preseason game.
                          2015 NFL Upper arm Romo was sacked hard and fractured his collarbone on his non throwing shoulder. He was placed on IR/Return and returned in week 10
                          2014 NFL Back Romo fractured the transverse process in his back in 2 places on Monday Night Football in week 8. He missed the following week but returned in week 10
                          2013 NFL Back In week 16 Romo spun free from the pocket in the fourth quarter Sunday and herniated the disc in his back. The injury was season ending (he somehow managed to complete the game) and he needed surgery to repair the disc

THIS and then some

Comment

Injury plagued QB so 1 season for 1 mil. with Incentives is what I would offer . Plus dude Chokes in big games and in Spectacular ways think Men !

Comment

Originally posted by methos838 View Post
                              Injury plagued QB so 1 season for 1 mil. with Incentives is what I would offer . Plus dude Chokes in big games and in Spectacular ways think Men !
                              So very perfectly put and so VERY much true.

Comment

Working...
                              X