Christian Hackenberg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian Hackenberg

Ok, how about Hackenberg? I think the Jets did not liked what they saw in him, and may be willing to give him away for a mid round pick or a player.
    Give OBrien a guy that he likes and let him do his thing, and if it does not work out, then the organization can decide what to do with him and the coach.
    But so far the organization has been wrong on all the QB moves we have made.
    I think perhaps that was OBrien's idea going into the draft last year, he wanted Hackenberg, and was stuck with Brock and the situation we are in with his contract.
    Does anyone think there is a prospect on this year draft that is more intriguing to bring in, than Hackenberg?
    I don't think OBrien wants anything from all those mobile qbs from this years draft class.
    1. G Bolles OT, 2. N Peterman QB, 3. J Myrick CB, 4. G Kittle TE, 4. J Conner RB, 5. T Thompson SS, 7. B Boulware LB

C
    Originally posted by Texans dice View Post
    Ok, how about Hackenberg? I think the Jets did not liked what they saw in him, and may be willing to give him away for a mid round pick or a player.
    Give OBrien a guy that he likes and let him do his thing, and if it does not work out, then the organization can decide what to do with him and the coach.
    But so far the organization has been wrong on all the QB moves we have made.
    I think perhaps that was OBrien's idea going into the draft last year, he wanted Hackenberg, and was stuck with Brock and the situation we are in with his contract.
    Does anyone think there is a prospect on this year draft that is more intriguing to bring in, than Hackenberg?
    I don't think OBrien wants anything from all those mobile qbs from this years draft class.
    I am not against the idea of trading for Hack - only problem is, if he was any good, would not the Jets have trotted him out there as their starter?
    DeShone Kizer intrigues me and he could very well be on the board at 25. You never know with rookie qb's - just look at Prescott as the most recent example.
    1. Reddick LB 2. Peterman QB 3. Garcia T 4a. Justin Evans S 4b. Donta Foreman 5. Jarron Jones DL 7. Marquez White CB

Comment

I would not mind at all. OB coached him in college and he played very well. And the system was similar to what to the system here so we know that he has a leg up on picking up everything faster than almost any past Jimmy G
      JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

Go through the draft process. Make our picks and if we are unhappy with how the draft went (in regards to just the QB position) give the Jets a conditional 6th or conditional 5th next year.

Comment

Maccagnan isn't trading Hackenberg...

He's waiting for the mowrons in our front office to fire O'Brien so he can hire him. Jets rise, Texans=Browns.
          In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

Gosh!! SMH

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
              Maccagnan isn't trading Hackenberg...

He's waiting for the mowrons in our front office to fire O'Brien so he can hire him. Jets rise, Texans=Browns.
              Not sure that would happen but I do feel OB would get draft and personal control there

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_in_KW View Post

Not sure that would happen but I do feel OB would get draft and personal control there
                Maccagnan would be the guy hiring him, don't think he'd give up his power.

O'Brien doesn't really want control of the draft. He just wants to work with someone who has same vision he has on what's important in football players. He also doesn't want an owner who makes football decisions -- Woody Johnson is kind of a kook, but he'll be busy with the new ambassador job.

Also note: some said most of Rick Smith's "scouting acumen" walked out the door with Maccagnan in 2015.
                In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

Maccagnan would be the guy hiring him, don't think he'd give up his power.

O'Brien doesn't really want control of the draft. He just wants to work with someone who has same vision he has on what's important in football players. He also doesn't want an owner who makes football decisions -- Woody Johnson is kind of a kook, but he'll be busy with the new ambassador job.

Also note: some said most of Rick Smith's "scouting acumen" walked out the door with Maccagnan in 2015.
                  lol about that last line

Smith isn't a football player he might have played at some school we never heard of. I don't remember ever seeing anything about him playing...maybe high school.

Thats how we get players like KJax (no disrespect to KJax) that draft we needed a CB desperately. We got the best rated player on the board. Issue is that player was great in a set system that was what he did well for 3yrs. However, I have said this before (still forgot what way it goes Ill say he played 95% zone for the example) but KJax played ZONE his full career till that point. So, he had to learn to play MAN and that's what made him so bad for his first few seasons. Had Smith had any football knowledge or even asked Wade, he would not have had KJax on the board till later. The board would have been the top say 5 CBs that played MAN. I guess Smith was on YouTube and saw him and thought "he is really good" and told the staff he was the top CB to put on the board.

We can do that all day, but if we draft players of "X" position who have to learn to play 100% another way...it won't be pretty. Look at Clowney (not a fan but he was good this season), we needed a what? OLB, so Smith and McNair figure let's take the light DE with great ability and let the staff make him an OLB. It didn't work out, not because he was hurt. Because he can't drop into coverage well and an OLB has to be able to do that even if it is say 50% or less of the time. Meanwhile, Mack a true OLB is playing lights out for the Raiders. And he was tried at DE and it worked had it not they would have put him back at OLB. He was 1st or 2nd team All Pro at BOTH positions. Showing Smith and McNair again went after the wrong guy. He moves to DE this season with JJ out and look what happens.

Comment

Smith isn't a football player he might have played at some school we never heard of. I don't remember ever seeing anything about him playing...maybe high school.
                    Rick played SS at Purdue then coached there for 4 years.

Then he coached DBs for the Broncos for 4 years before somebody in their front office reached across and pulled him into the front office/pro personnel.

Thats how we get players like KJax (no disrespect to KJax) that draft we needed a CB desperately...
                    One thing Rick has done pretty well is draft/assess DBs.

Doesn't seem like it now, but Kareem had to straighten himself out before he got better on the field. He had some issues to iron out.

Comment

Rick played SS at Purdue then coached there for 4 years.

Then he coached DBs for the Broncos for 4 years before somebody in their front office reached across and pulled him into the front office/pro personnel.

One thing Rick has done pretty well is draft/assess DBs.

Doesn't seem like it now, but Kareem had to straighten himself out before he got better on the field. He had some issues to iron out.
                      Most do have issues to iron out.
                      Only a few are as good as Marcus Peters as rookies.
                      1. Reddick LB 2. Peterman QB 3. Garcia T 4a. Justin Evans S 4b. Donta Foreman 5. Jarron Jones DL 7. Marquez White CB

Comment

Originally posted by aussiedave View Post
                        Only a few are as good as Marcus Peters as rookies.
                        Who had a ton of red flags on him.

And wasnt aware Smith played due to his subpar ability to evaluate talent in any round but the 1st. He also has found a few 6th and 7th round picks. His middle rounds are awful. You can look that up.

Comment

Originally posted by aussiedave View Post
                          Off the field issues, not football issues.

Comment

Off the field issues, not football issues.
                            Peters had both. And getting into it with coaches isn't great, unsure if that's listed as off or on field.

Comment

Who had a ton of red flags on him.

And wasnt aware Smith played due to his subpar ability to evaluate talent in any round but the 1st. He also has found a few 6th and 7th round picks. His middle rounds are awful. You can look that up.
                              I don't have to look it up - I can think of some right off the cuff like CJ Fido, DJ Reader. And please don't cheapen the 6th and 7th rounders - shouldn't they be worth extra credit? And the udfa's?

Comment

Working...
                              X