Christian Hackenberg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texans dice View Post
    Ok, how about Hackenberg? I think the Jets did not liked what they saw in him, and may be willing to give him away for a mid round pick or a player.
    Give OBrien a guy that he likes and let him do his thing, and if it does not work out, then the organization can decide what to do with him and the coach.
    But so far the organization has been wrong on all the QB moves we have made.
    I think perhaps that was OBrien's idea going into the draft last year, he wanted Hackenberg, and was stuck with Brock and the situation we are in with his contract.
    Does anyone think there is a prospect on this year draft that is more intriguing to bring in, than Hackenberg?
    I don't think OBrien wants anything from all those mobile qbs from this years draft class.
    I really do not understand the love of Penn State QBs. O'Brien was recruiting COLLEGE QBs who are a different breed from PRO QBs. They are long term projects and not 1 or 2 years and gone like College QBs. And you can't dumb down the NFL offense enough to make marginal players look good because of play calling in the pros. They have to have talent.
    https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

So all this time and this dude thought Rick Smith never played football?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_in_KW View Post
        Peters had both.
        Not in the NFL. I haven't seen anything about KC having issues with Peters or Peters getting in trouble... yet.
        Photobucket has changed it's image hosting pricings, moving my $2/month plan to $480/year -- so most of the images I have posted here will revert to dead links sometime soon. There's no workaround other than replacing them one-by-one. So my posts the forums are going to look funky for a while. My apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by aussiedave View Post

I don't have to look it up - I can think of some right off the cuff like CJ Fido, DJ Reader. And please don't cheapen the 6th and 7th rounders - shouldn't they be worth extra credit? And the udfa's?
          I agree, which makes me wonder what he is doing during rounds 2-5...

I agree, makes me wonder what he is doing for rounds 2-5...

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post

Not in the NFL. I haven't seen anything about KC having issues with Peters or Peters getting in trouble... yet.
          No, in college only that I know of.
          JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_in_KW View Post

I agree, which makes me wonder what he is doing during rounds 2-5...

I agree, makes me wonder what he is doing for rounds 2-5...

No, in college only that I know of.
            Agree he has had more misses in that range but I doubt it would be more than the league average.
            I am happy that he has made up for it with the lower picks and udfa's - and he rarely misses with the top pick, a very important one indeed.

1. Reddick LB 2. Peterman QB 3. Garcia T 4a. Justin Evans S 4b. Donta Foreman 5. Jarron Jones DL 7. Marquez White CB

Comment

Maccagnan isn't trading Hackenberg...

He's waiting for the mowrons in our front office to fire O'Brien so he can hire him. Jets rise, Texans=Browns.
              "The top brass of the New York Jets privately admitted today they donít expect to put a winning product on the field for at least two years."

Red-rover, red-rover, let Billy come over and draft Sam Darnold for us.

Photobucket has changed it's image hosting pricings, moving my $2/month plan to $480/year -- so most of the images I have posted here will revert to dead links sometime soon. There's no workaround other than replacing them one-by-one. So my posts the forums are going to look funky for a while. My apologies.

Comment

Could Texans trade for Jets' Christian Hackenberg during NFL Draft? | Mailbag

Posted April 15, 2017
                By Connor Hughes | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

The Texans need a quarterback. If the Jets draft UNC's Mitch Trubisky or Clemson's Deshaun Watson, could the Texans trade for Christian Hackenberg during the NFL Draft?

Mailbag time!

The NFL Draft is fast approaching. Actually, it's practically here. In 12 days, Roger Goodell will climb atop a podium in Philadelphia to begin the frantic rookie acquisition.

It's no surprise the majority of the questions in this week's mailbag deal with the draft. It's on everyone's mind. Here's a bit of what's on tap:

The Houston Texans potentially trading for Christian Hackenberg, is Deshaun Watson or Mitch Trubisky the best QB in the class, how Leonard Fournette could work into the Jets' backfield, and much more.

OK, enough chit-chat. Let's get to this.

John Munson
                @Connor_J_Hughes Is there any chance the Jets can trade Hackenberg to the Texans (or anyone else)?

-- Jack Roe (@callmejackaroe) April 14, 2017
                HUGHES: I'd say the Texans are the most likely team to trade for Christian Hackenberg, in my opinion. There's a ton of connections to be made. Houston needs a quarterback, they're not in perfect position to draft one, and coach Bill O'Brien got the most out of Hackenberg when he was at Penn State.

But here's something to remember: The Texans passed on Hackenberg when they had a chance to draft him last year. They traded up in the second round, in front of the Jets, and took guard Nick Martin.

If the Jets draft Mitch Trubisky or Deshaun Watson, they're going to try to trade Bryce Petty or Hackenberg. I'd be shocked if they didn't. Whichever nets the best return will be moved.

O'Brien could be willing to give up a fifth-round pick to take on Hackenberg as a project. Maybe a conditional sixth? We'll see. But I'd say of all teams in the NFL, Houston's the most likely to be interested.

Comment

Rick knows DB's???? Since when
                  1. Antwaun Molden
                  2. Sherrick McManis
                  3. Dominique Barber
                  4. Brandon Harris
                  5. Roc Carmichael
                  6. Shiloh Keo
                  7. Brandon Harrison

I will give him a 50 grade for "knowing" DB's ... Molden a 3rd round pick did absolutely nothing for us ... Harris we traded up to get and that fool was a joke and everyone was like "he is a coaches kid he will be fine" WHERE is he now. For every 1 decent DB we get we get another DB who is a joke. Keo runs a 4.7 40 and we think it wont matter bec his "instincts" are good. Carmichael never saw the field for us. Harris, Carmichael, Keo were all the same draft in 2011. What names did we miss on that are actually playing to some degree. Davon House, Buster Skrine, Richard Sherman, Byron Maxwell, Da'Norris Searcy, Chris Culliver, Shareece Wright. We got all 3 wrong that year. On another note we took Brooks Reed out of Arizona who never got more than 6 sacks in one season when we could have had Justin Houston. OMG if we had Watt and Houston in the same draft ... I get mad just thinking about it

Now I say if Bill wants Hack then I say we go and get him because the only reason why NY took Hack in round 2 was bec they knew Houston wanted him and truthfully I think if he was there in round 3 we would have taken him over Braxton Miller. I am seeing that we really keep true to our draft board lately and don't reach. Rumor was they had a late first round grade on Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by canyon1 View Post
                    Rick knows DB's???? Since when
                    1. Antwaun Molden
                    2. Sherrick McManis
                    3. Dominique Barber
                    4. Brandon Harris
                    5. Roc Carmichael
                    6. Shiloh Keo
                    7. Brandon Harrison

I will give him a 50 grade for "knowing" DB's ... Molden a 3rd round pick did absolutely nothing for us ... Harris we traded up to get and that fool was a joke and everyone was like "he is a coaches kid he will be fine" WHERE is he now. For every 1 decent DB we get we get another DB who is a joke. Keo runs a 4.7 40 and we think it wont matter bec his "instincts" are good. Carmichael never saw the field for us. Harris, Carmichael, Keo were all the same draft in 2011. What names did we miss on that are actually playing to some degree. Davon House, Buster Skrine, Richard Sherman, Byron Maxwell, Da'Norris Searcy, Chris Culliver, Shareece Wright. We got all 3 wrong that year...
                    He hit on Kevin Johnson, Andre Hal, Kareem Jackson, and Glover Quin...

But I have to say I stand corrected. His experience is playing/coaching DBs, and I guess I bought the narrative a bit too much. My bad.

Comment

But I have to say I stand corrected. His experience is playing/coaching DBs, and I guess I bought the narrative a bit too much. My bad.
                      Even though we didn't draft him I think Rick hit it big with the jjo signing. everyone was going after nnamdi and we signed joseph, how has their 2 careers gone?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shishkabob View Post

Even though we didn't draft him I think Rick hit it big with the jjo signing. everyone was going after nnamdi and we signed joseph, how has their 2 careers gone?
                        That's true. I dislike Smith but I gotta give him credit for that. Granted, Nnamdi didn't want to come to Houston, and I figure that's why he pulled the trigger on signing JJO. Smith very well could have screwed up if Nnamdi wanted to come to Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by shishkabob View Post
                          I forget if Asomugha priced himself out of Houston or just was leaning Eagles but taking too long, but whatever we learned forced us to focus on the #2 target JJo.

One mistake we would not have made is taking Asomugha off the boundary. Huge mistake by Philly.

The boundaries are a CBs best friend. That's why playing Slot CB is so difficult -- you have to cover in open field, you have to be quick enough to cover Edelman and long enough to cover Gronkowski.

Which is why we will sorely miss AJ Bouye.

Comment

I forget if Asomugha priced himself out of Houston or just was leaning Eagles but taking too long, but whatever we learned forced us to focus on the #2 target JJo.

One mistake we would not have made is taking Asomugha off the boundary. Huge mistake by Philly.

The boundaries are a CBs best friend. That's why playing Slot CB is so difficult -- you have to cover in open field, you have to be quick enough to cover Edelman and long enough to cover Gronkowski.

I think we have corners that can match up pretty well with slot receiver, but I think we are going to miss his size and physicality when going up against the more athletic tight ends like gronk and kelce
                            sigpic

Comment

I agree that he hit on those players but the way I look at it is that we took Glover Quin but he let him go so we could sign Ed Reed. That hurt big time for the fact of Reed flat out robbed this team and ran where Quin is playing his heart out for Detroit and doing pretty well. THANK GOD though he hit on our first round CB's because I forgot his name but I remember the year we drafted Jackson everyone wanted the CB out of Boise State "Kyle Wilson I think his name was" and when we didn't draft Wilson everyone was upset but look at how that turned out. Hal honestly I was shocked he wasn't taken higher bec his senior year he had like 17 PBU's and I know that's not INT's but that is still making plays for a Vandy team that had NO pass rush.

Comment

And I can't help but think Smith could have signed him probably for less than he got because he wanted to stay. Yet dropped the ball waiting on Romo or just plain incompetent you decide which Smith is/was doing 😂
                                JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

Working...
                                X