Pipe Dream?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipe Dream?

I see Phillip Rivers name being tossed around in another thread.
    Is such a thing possible?
    The team would likely want to honour Phil by asking if he would be amenable to a trade and one would think that Rivers is entrenched in the chargers team but is that only because of his family situation?
    The family may not want to move and it is only about a 2 hour drive so he may choose to stay right where he is.
    However, if he is not happy with the move, he might be interested in a ring and he would be able to help Houston with that.
    Yep, speculation, but the Texans showed last season they were serious about trying to win a SB but Brock failed miserably.
    What if they are still in "win now" mode? Could they compile a wild trade?
    Rivers just turned 35 in December so may have 5 years left and maybe only three good years so his window of opportunity is closing and the Chargers don't look like they are going to be SB bound in the near future so...
    Texans give Chargers a phone call and offer:-
    JD Clowney
    2017 1st round
    2017 2nd round
    2018 1st round
    2018 2nd round...
    is this good enough, and if so, would you say YES!?
    The next hurdle is offering Phil a package that would be enticing.
    To do this, Texans would have to have a secret council meeting with Jonathan Joseph, Brian Cushing and JJ Watt appealing to thm to rework their contracts in the interests of getting a big time signing and making a true run at a SB.
    It would have to appeal to them especially JJoe and Cush as they are in the last year or two of their careers. Having a legit shot at a ring would be really enticing.
    Perhaps add an extra year to their contract and shift a chunk of this years monies due to that last year to make some cash available for Rivers.
    Rivers would make us a legit contender - his leadership and drive are on par with Brady and his skill is not that far short.
    He would be amazing here.
    If you pm me and arrange to send 25 dollars, I can send you some of what I am smoking.

1. Reddick LB 2. Peterman QB 3. Garcia T 4a. Justin Evans S 4b. Donta Foreman 5. Jarron Jones DL 7. Marquez White CB

Rivers has a no trade clause and is "fine" with move to LA.
    In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

Originally posted by aussiedave View Post
      The team would likely want to honour Phil by asking if he would be amenable to a trade and one would think that Rivers is entrenched in the chargers team but is that only because of his family situation?
      The family may not want to move and it is only about a 2 hour drive so he may choose to stay right where he is.
      However, if he is not happy with the move, he might be interested in a ring and he would be able to help Houston with that.
      Yep, speculation, but the Texans showed last season they were serious about trying to win a SB but Brock failed miserably.
      Rivers just turned 35 in December so may have 5 years left and maybe only three good years so his window of opportunity is closing and the Chargers don't look like they are going to be SB bound in the near future so...
      JD Clowney
      2017 1st round
      2017 2nd round
      2018 1st round
      2018 2nd round...
      To do this, Texans would have to have a secret council meeting with Jonathan Joseph, Brian Cushing and JJ Watt appealing to thm to rework their contracts in the interests of getting a big time signing and making a true run at a SB.
      It would have to appeal to them especially JJoe and Cush as they are in the last year or two of their careers. Having a legit shot at a ring would be really enticing.
      Perhaps add an extra year to their contract and shift a chunk of this years monies due to that last year to make some cash available for Rivers.
      Rivers would make us a legit contender - his leadership and drive are on par with Brady and his skill is not that far short.
      If you pm me and arrange to send 25 dollars, I can send you some of what I am smoking.
      Coming your way. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
        Rivers has a no trade clause and is "fine" with move to LA.
        Durnit.
        1. Reddick LB 2. Peterman QB 3. Garcia T 4a. Justin Evans S 4b. Donta Foreman 5. Jarron Jones DL 7. Marquez White CB

Comment

JD Clowney
          2017 1st round
          2017 2nd round
          2018 1st round
          2018 2nd round...
          Do you accept PayPal?

Comment

Durnit.
            But maannn, I lurves me some Philip Rivers...

We would have soooo much fun if the dream could ever become a reality.
            In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post

But maannn, I lurves me some Philip Rivers...

We would have soooo much fun if the dream could ever become a reality.
              Absolutely. We would become instant contenders - the guys leadership and drive are second to none.

Comment

Working...
              X