Teddy Bridgewater

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teddy Bridgewater

I didn't wanna go back and find the old thread, and since he's technically still a Viking I'll put it here..but if deshaun doesn't pan out..(or if teddy becomes available for cheap) do we trade for him? I'd honestly give up a mid round pick for him. He's a franchise QB and better than most QB's in the league if he can get healthy again. He has the drive and motivation. I was very wrong about him coming out. What do y'all think?

Before everybody smokes me and says this isn't madden, let me explain myself.

Sam Bradford is throwing the ball well up in Minnesota. They gave up a first and 4th round pick to acquire him, and if they go the distance this year, which looks very very likely (they're dominating the league with him, a beat up line, and No Adrian Peterson) I think they'd be hard pressed to bench him for Teddy. I'd call up the vikes and offer a first round pick for Teddy B. Yes, sounds far fetched, but why mess with a good thing? If he's the guy to lead them to the big game they are surely going to have a tough decision to make by keeping him or Teddy. I think they'll jump at the chance to get those draft picks back to build up their line, maybe get a long term policy for peterson, etc. I know Brock is technically on the books for 2 seasons guaranteed, but I'd rather admit a mistake and do what should've been done 2 years ago and have our QB for the next 10-15 seasons vs. being too prideful and missing out on a dream opportunity.

Comment

I would not offer a number one. He was barely a first rdr and has been of limited success in the NFL.
      1. Kelly, C, 2. Henry TE, 3. Shepard WR, 4. Ward DE, 5. Burns, CB, 6. Martinez ILB 7. Hall CB

Comment

I wouldn't mind Bradford after this season at qb
        QB Search Party

Comment

It wont matter who we have until we can protect him !!

Comment

Originally posted by methos838 View Post
            It wont matter who we have until we can protect him !!
            I agree, OL should be the first position we take

Comment

Brock is your guy. Quit dreaming. He is not going anywhere. We are still in first place and the stadium is still selling out and you are still paying 10 bucks for a beer. No changes will be made this year.

Comment

As anyone who pays attention to football knows, Teddy is out for 2017 (his agent says not but his recovery time is 19mo or so). Leading everyone to feel he won't play till the 2018-2019 season. Bradford is going to start and Teddy should be on IR if reports are correct.

The story states that Houston could make a play for him on a low money deal. Allow him to rehabilitate and learn and see what he can do after next season. Nobody listed a number as far as what he would make and they didn't say what it would cost the Texans to make the move.

Do you think we should make a call to the Vikes to even check it? I think he could be good here, much like Jimmy G he has a good release (can read a D, and his short to mid game are very good) Jimmy has him on accuracy (he has many QBs who start in the NFL on that). I mentioned his build going into the draft and some medical professionals are saying his build was a factor in his injury. Meaning that IF we didn't get ahold of him, he would have to put on 20lbs or so while rehabbing his leg. For once he would have the time to do it and not be preparing for the combine or starting a TC. So, eat/rehab/eat/sleep and repeat would be ample time for him to add weight. Studying play books and going to meetings is not going to burn many calories.

Just like I said I'm just curious, Minn probably won't deal him period. And if we do go for a QB it should be Jimmy
                JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

His return to football is questionable, he shredded that knee.
                  In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
                    His return to football is questionable, he shredded that knee.
                    Yeah, but I'm just saying he'll get another year with Minnesota (PUP - 5th year option extends till next year) so basically we'll have at least one if not two solid seasons with deshaun to see if he's the dude or not. A lot will probably change between now and then..OB Smith hell even McNair may not be here. Just spitballing. I would give a 3rd for him today. He's a franchise QB if he can return

Comment

Just hope he can be healthy again. May not be this year. But hopefully next year. As really think he can indeed turn it around.
                      [COLOR="Purple"]July is Here!

Comment

Working...
                      X