Possible Trade Pieces

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Trade Pieces

Who do y'all think might become possible trade pieces? I think we might see some moves when training camp/preseason starts.

I think 2 players could be on the trade block before the end of preseason.

1. Alfred Blue- With the drafting of Foreman, Blue is expendable. Yes, Blue was a consistent special teams player, but Cunningham might be able to replace him there.

2. Brian Peters- I think we have some young talent coming in at ILB with Cunningham and some UDFAs. It could be possible to trade him away for a draft pick (5-7 rounder).

Originally posted by texansfan15 View Post
    Who do y'all think might become possible trade pieces? I think we might see some moves when training camp/preseason starts.

I think 2 players could be on the trade block before the end of preseason.

1. Alfred Blue- With the drafting of Foreman, Blue is expendable. Yes, Blue was a consistent special teams player, but Cunningham might be able to replace him there.

2. Brian Peters- I think we have some young talent coming in at ILB with Cunningham and some UDFAs. It could be possible to trade him away for a draft pick (5-7 rounder).
    Blue likely won't get much attention on the trade block.
    Peters is one of the best players on ST - he's a keeper. We have a couple extra olinemen you might get some interest for. Maybe one of the receivers - like Mumphrey, Williams or Strong.
    1. Reddick LB 2. Peterman QB 3. Garcia T 4a. Justin Evans S 4b. Donta Foreman 5. Jarron Jones DL 7. Marquez White CB

Comment

Jaelen Strong. Send him to the Rams/Browns for a 4th. Maybe if we're smart we give him and a 4th/5th to at least get a 2nd round pick in next years draft...to be used on OL. I would also say JJo/Cushing/Savage. Best case scenario is savage does well enough in limited games, and then we re sign him and trade him to some QB desperate team

Comment

Adding to this. Jaelen Strong and a 3rd (since we'll have like 4 of them next draft) for Lane Johnson? Both teams win. Torrey Smith is ok. Agholar is a decent number 2 receiver but needs work, and Strong could fit in as a solid number three and work his way up from there. Maybe starting on the other side of Alshon. We get the best RT in the league. We won't sniff a player of his caliber in the 3rd next year.

Comment

Originally posted by 281Texan View Post
          Jaelen Strong. Send him to the Rams/Browns for a 4th. Maybe if we're smart we give him and a 4th/5th to at least get a 2nd round pick in next years draft...to be used on OL. I would also say JJo/Cushing/Savage. Best case scenario is savage does well enough in limited games, and then we re sign him and trade him to some QB desperate team
          I'll take a second for two fourths or a fourth and a fifth every day of the week. But not even the Browns would do that trade.
          https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

[QUOTE=Marshall;n1243233]

I'll take a second for two fourths or a fourth and a fifth every day of the week. But not even the Browns would do that trade.[/QUOTE

I think a team like the Eagles or Rams take that deal all day. Strong is a good WR..he could've been a first or 2nd rounder. He just doesn't have a path on this depth chart.

Comment

[QUOTE=281Texan;n1243278]
              Originally posted by Marshall View Post

I'll take a second for two fourths or a fourth and a fifth every day of the week. But not even the Browns would do that trade.[/QUOTE

I think a team like the Eagles or Rams take that deal all day. Strong is a good WR..he could've been a first or 2nd rounder. He just doesn't have a path on this depth chart.
              If he can stay healthy and keep out of trouble he has the skills to be a #2 or 3 WR here. I would give him 1 more prove it year. Because we trade him and he plays amazing we look stupid.
              JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

[QUOTE=Matt_in_KW;n1243539]
                Originally posted by 281Texan View Post

If he can stay healthy and keep out of trouble he has the skills to be a #2 or 3 WR here. I would give him 1 more prove it year. Because we trade him and he plays amazing we look stupid.
                I would love to see him be the guy opposite of Nuk. I thought he was a perfect guy to put over there. Fuller CAN be a Desean Jackson type...but I'm very wary of his hands. They're suspect at best. Maybe you can rotate the guys around and get everyone in. I would say that if we can trade Strong for an offensive tackle then we do it bc we need OL help more than another rotational receiver

Comment

[QUOTE=281Texan;n1243543]
                  Originally posted by Matt_in_KW View Post

I would love to see him be the guy opposite of Nuk. I thought he was a perfect guy to put over there. Fuller CAN be a Desean Jackson type...but I'm very wary of his hands. They're suspect at best. Maybe you can rotate the guys around and get everyone in. I would say that if we can trade Strong for an offensive tackle then we do it bc we need OL help more than another rotational receiver
                  Honestly, I'm not sold on Fuller. I actually think Wendall Williams will be better if given the chance.

Comment

Working...
                  X