Offensive Linemen Release / Shopped

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offensive Linemen Release / Shopped

Browns are currently shopping 24 year old(?) Center, Cam Erving. He would make a viable back-up to Nick Martin, allowing Greg Mancz to fill other roles.

Bill released OT Cyrus Kuandjio, 24 years old.

These guys were both high draft picks that have obviously fizzled out, but they obviously had a skillset to warrant spending 2nd round picks on them.. I think they're both worth a look and are surely better than our back ups.

Originally posted by SteelBluCurtain View Post
    Browns are currently shopping 24 year old(?) Center, Cam Erving. He would make a viable back-up to Nick Martin, allowing Greg Mancz to fill other roles.

Bill released OT Cyrus Kuandjio, 24 years old.

These guys were both high draft picks that have obviously fizzled out, but they obviously had a skillset to warrant spending 2nd round picks on them.. I think they're both worth a look and are surely better than our back ups.
    Kuodjio - Any reason given? Is it a contract dump or skill not up to par? Could he move to the right side if he's not quick enough at LT? I'd at least make sure he was thoroughly vetted.

Edit - It looks like He is not back to full speed from Hip surgery yet. Detroit has alternatives stepping up, so it could be a good time for a reclamation project. Bills released him earlier after an incident which has all the earmarks of taking too much pain medication resulting in irrational behavior and the need for medical attention.

Erving - Could he move to Guard? I like Mancz backing up Martin.
    Last edited by Marshall; 3 weeks ago.
    https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

Erving couldn't earn a roster spot anywhere on Browns line that needed C/G/RT. Went from 19th pick overall to being a camp body to be cut while Joe Thomas is rested.

Kouandjio blew his knee up in college that many teams flagged him on. Now he's had a "hip surgery", which if it was a labrum could have been a compensation injury for the bum knee that'll put his career in doubt.

But with our newfound affection for injured guys, I expect to see them signed asap.
      If you're not following the Astros, you are doing Houston sports wrong.

Comment

Working...
      X