Jimmy Garoppolo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Garoppolo

Taken with their 2nd pick at position 62, JG has been learning the similar scheme that Texans run over at NE.
    Noted for a very fast release and better college stats than Tony Romo in a pass happy offense, JG could be a great target for a trade in the off season.
    NE may not be interested and play hard ball but I think this would be a great move - getting him cheap won't be happening though.
    If we could get him for a second and maybe a fifth in 2017 I would be in.
    Thoughts?

Originally posted by aussiedave View Post
    Taken with their 2nd pick at position 62, JG has been learning the similar scheme that Texans run over at NE.
    Noted for a very fast release and better college stats than Tony Romo in a pass happy offense, JG could be a great target for a trade in the off season.
    NE may not be interested and play hard ball but I think this would be a great move - getting him cheap won't be happening though.
    If we could get him for a second and maybe a fifth in 2017 I would be in.
    Thoughts?
    He is who I thought we where targeting in 2nd or 3rd....but never got him.

$ In Bill We Trust &

Comment

Originally posted by theCATALYST View Post
      He is who I thought we where targeting in 2nd or 3rd....but never got him.
      There was a general feeling NE may have liked Tom Savage - offer our second plus him perhaps and see if they bite as they will still want a backup QB.
      Keep Yates as backup and Hoyer as #3 to mentor and start JG - give him a year and if he's no good at the end of it, try for another in 2017.
      I like the idea of JG as he is known for scanning the field as well as that fast compact release.
      He doesn't have a killer deep ball but is much better than Hoyer's.

Comment

Truthfully I am kinda tired of New England's reject players. We need to blaze a new path with a drafted QB. NE has sent 5 or so QBs to other teams and they have not worked out too well, most were barely serviceable or good back ups. Lets try Savage and draft a project.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1TexanFan View Post
          Truthfully I am kinda tired of New England's reject players. We need to blaze a new path with a drafted QB. NE has sent 5 or so QBs to other teams and they have not worked out too well, most were barely serviceable or good back ups. Lets try Savage and draft a project.
          I getcha, but why is JG a reject?

Comment

NE isn't trading away their low cost backup before his 3rd year.

We need to draft our own QB.

Comment

Originally posted by OB4me View Post
              NE isn't trading away their low cost backup before his 3rd year.

We need to draft our own QB.
              Belichek is known to be fond of draft picks, but it is just conjecture, but one idea I would not be against.

Comment

Belichek is the one who snatched him up right before out pick....
                Proud adopter of DeAndre Hopkins...

Comment

Offer our second, which is higher than theirs and throw in Brian Hoyer.
                  Don't laff - he knows their system having played there before.

Comment

Tom Brady.... good pick

Matt Cassel... not so good pick

Bryan Hoyer... pretty bad, even for an undrafted guy

Ryan Mallett... not so good pick

Jimmy Garoppolo... odds are...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thunderkyss View Post
                      Tom Brady.... good pick

Matt Cassel... not so good pick

Bryan Hoyer... pretty bad, even for an undrafted guy

Ryan Mallett... not so good pick

Jimmy Garoppolo... odds are...
                      Odds are he is much better than Brian Hoyer.

Comment

There was a general feeling NE may have liked Tom Savage - offer our second plus him perhaps and see if they bite as they will still want a backup QB.
                        Keep Yates as backup and Hoyer as #3 to mentor and start JG - give him a year and if he's no good at the end of it, try for another in 2017.
                        I like the idea of JG as he is known for scanning the field as well as that fast compact release.
                        He doesn't have a killer deep ball but is much better than Hoyer's.
                        Don't get me wrong, I respect your opinion. But me personally, don't want Hoyer near NRG ever again, if he is going to mentor one of your young guys, then he is going to take them in the wrong direction. Just IMHO
                        1. G Bolles OT, 2. N Peterman QB, 3. J Myrick CB, 4. G Kittle TE, 4. J Conner RB, 5. T Thompson SS, 7. B Boulware LB

Comment

Originally posted by 1TexanFan View Post
                          I agree. Belichick is a used car salesman when it comes to dealing QBs.

Comment

Odds are he is much better than Brian Hoyer.
                            What are the odds that JG is better than Savage? If there isn't an absolute reason, why make the move?

Comment

Just watch, Lynch may fall back to the Texans...
                              Proud adopter of DeAndre Hopkins...

Comment

Working...
                              X