Aj Mccaron

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thunderkyss View Post
    I wanted us to draft McCarron, but we didn't. What's done is done. This organization selected Tom Savage when McCarron was still on the board. Hopefully that means they believe he is every bit as capable.

If that's the case, if we have our own Aj McCarron in Tom Savage, I'd just as soon take the best OT prospect left in the first & a guy like Jordan Howard in the 2nd.

Then try to get a speedy WR in the third & Kevin Hogan in the 4th. IMO, Tom Savage & Kevin Hogan have all the physical talent to play QB at a high level in the NFL. We just need to find out if they have the mental capacity to get there. They may not have the athleticism of Wentz or Lynch, but if you build a good line around them & back them up with a good defense, they can be every bit as good (most likely better) than Joe Flacco.

It'd be nice if we had our own AJ. McCarron in Tom Savage, but I doubt O'Brien knows what he even has. He was sure we had the answer in Hoyer/Mallet and boy was he off! I'm crossing my fingers that Savage is our guy though, he did show improvement in the 2015 preseason games. I thought he outperformed both our #1 and #2 QBs. Another thing, we'd probably have the coolest name in a jersey ever! #3 "Savage"...I'd sure as hell buy one!
    Proud adopter of #17 BOSSWEILER
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mangler View Post
      It'd be nice if we had our own AJ. McCarron in Tom Savage, but I doubt O'Brien knows what he even has. He was sure we had the answer in Hoyer/Mallet and boy was he off! I'm crossing my fingers that Savage is our guy though, he did show improvement in the 2015 preseason games. I thought he outperformed both our #1 and #2 QBs. Another thing, we'd probably have the coolest name in a jersey ever! #3 "Savage"...I'd sure as hell buy one!
      Mercilus is pretty cool too.
      1. Reddick LB 2. Peterman QB 3. Garcia T 4a. Justin Evans S 4b. Donta Foreman 5. Jarron Jones DL 7. Marquez White CB

Comment

Originally posted by Mangler View Post

Comment

Originally posted by aussiedave View Post
          He is one of the better options out there right now and certainly preferable to Hoyer plus he's young.
          He was drafted in the fifth round so offer a 4th first and bump it up to a third if they aren't interested.
          Where a player is drafted has almost nothing to do w/ trade value.
          Why do people point toward their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point toward their hooha when asking where the bathroom is?

Comment

Originally posted by ktex View Post
            Where a player is drafted has almost nothing to do w/ trade value.
            True, but you also don't drop your drawers on your first offer.
            1. Reddick LB 2. Peterman QB 3. Garcia T 4a. Justin Evans S 4b. Donta Foreman 5. Jarron Jones DL 7. Marquez White CB

Comment

Paul Dehner Jr. @pauldehnerjr
              Bottom line from Duke Tobin regarding trading AJ McCarron being traded: Any offer better blow them away. #Bengals

Duke Tobin: Our office phones work, but we’re not in a rush to trade A.J. McCarron
              McCarron officially on the trade block.

Every team will be angling for potential top of the 2018 draft picks this year.
              In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
                Paul Dehner Jr. @pauldehnerjr

McCarron officially on the trade block.

Every team will be angling for potential top of the 2018 draft picks this year.
                Sure, why not? I'd make an offer...see if they bite.

$ In Bill We Trust &

Comment

Working...
                X