HoustonTexans.com     News     Texans TV     Cheerleaders     Texans Gear    Download Toolbar     Photo Store

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Boards > NFL/Football Discussion > NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Please post all mock draft oriented discussion here.

Old 04-07-2012
All Pro

I know who you're thinking of. Makes sense. But do you really wanna burn your first two picks on Offense? That's the only way you'd get the guy you're thinking of.
Old 04-07-2012
D League

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcates View Post
I know who you're thinking of. Makes sense. But do you really wanna burn your first two picks on Offense? That's the only way you'd get the guy you're thinking of.
I bet your hoping Barron falls to the 2nd round for the Vikes
Old 04-07-2012
All Pro

I'd be lying if I said he wasn't on my list, but I've assumed long ago he wouldn't be there, so it wouldn't bother me if he wasn't...I have plenty of holes at plenty of positions that would make fine selections in the 2nd round.
Old 04-08-2012
2010 Texans Rookie

Thank you for the Bronco pick. My pc problems always land during a time most infavorable...especially mid-term or finals week lol. Up & about again so looking forward to watching more picks develope & finally reaching the 2nd round pick. I may have likely taken Devon Still anyway being that the need there is so great. It could hopefully free up Dumervil & Miller a little more to hunt for the QB.

Wright to NE & Perry to GB were both surprising, NE more-so because of so many WR already, but most are just plugs until they find something more perminant so grooming Wright for 1 season with limited play would be a great learning experience for the kid from Baylor.

Perry would be a surprise, but still makes perfect sense. Even with the Saturday signing I saw Konz as a strong possibility & starting him at gaurd if needed, but with him off the board getting help for Clay was paramount so overall a great pick with value.
Old 04-08-2012
All Pro

Let's push through to round 2 today...

Need my pick to fall around a time when I'm working, not sleeping. I shouldn't have a problem planning for any contingency, however.
Old 04-08-2012

Quote:
Let's push through to round 2 today...

Need my pick to fall around a time when I'm working, not sleeping. I shouldn't have a problem planning for any contingency, however.
I'm going to be meeting up with my family later, I would like to get in my pick so i'm not forced to miss it.
Old 04-08-2012
D League

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
I'm going to be meeting up with my family later, I would like to get in my pick so i'm not forced to miss it.
You should be good. 6 hrs a pick.....your pick should be int he morning or so.

Jonesing eh...............

Last edited by lilbush; 04-08-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-08-2012
D League

Quote:
Wright was a good pick for the Pats, and with the wealth of receiving options there, there won't be too much pressure on him there to make an immediate impact, so his progression shouldn't be stunted by issues of confidence like rookies in years past.

That being said, I would have gone defense for the Pats.

Sure, you do have 3 more picks between now and the end of the second and can address some of the defensive needs...but personally...I would have commited all four picks to the defense more than likely.

Still, a good value pick...hard to argue with it overall.

Nick Perry to Green Bay makes sense. There really hasn't been a legitimate threat opposite Clay Matthews since his rookie season, hence the drop in production last year. Having Perry on the opposite side will keep offenses honest with their blocking schemes. Good pick.

On a sidenote, I work days over here in Afghanistan, which is the equivalent of working nights back home...so gonna have to be very aware of when my pick is upcoming so as not to sleep through it. Shouldn't be an issue though. I do wish we were getting through more than two picks a day though....
don't worry gc I will have selected 4 future starters for the Pats when the end of round 2 occurs.
Old 04-08-2012
Veteran

With the 29th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama.

24 offensive players were selected from the past 38 draft picks by the Ravens, dating back to the 2007 draft. It's time to put some youth in that defense, especially the LB corps. Ray Lewis can't play forever; especially with the intensity that he plays the game with. Hightower gives the Ravens great depth and could probably start over Jameel McClain alongside Lewis. Once Lewis retires, a ILB duo of McClain and Hightower isn't to shabby. Hightower should be a at LEAST a top 25 pick so the Ravens fill a need and get great value here. We all know the caliber of player Hightower is and can be.

I was thinking about addressing C, DE, and CB but my target players were selected earlier, leaving nobody else worthy of the 29th pick.

Targeted Players:

Peter Konz, C - Replacement for aging Matt Birk

Devon Still, 3-4 DE - Upgrade over Corey Redding and would make that Baltimore D-line absolutely dominant.

Janoris Jenkins / Stephon Gilmore, CB - Baltimore's CB has been subpar.

Last edited by Bigp; 04-08-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-08-2012
Hall of Famer

Exclamation Annoucement!

Considering today is a holiday. I don't want to be a clock manager. Or force people into a time pressure situation.

Clock will be off and remain off till tomorrow 10AM

I know a lot if us have church this morning afternoon or evening and will be with family please get your picks in if possible.

Just wanted to communicate that.