HoustonTexans.com     News     Texans TV     Cheerleaders     Texans Gear    Download Toolbar     Photo Store

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Boards > Texans Discussion > The Bull Pen

The Bull Pen Discuss Texans football here! HOUSTON TEXANS only discussions. Discussions involving other players and teams go in NFL section. We strive to keep this forum strictly about our Texans.

Old 04-14-2012
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcates View Post
Yea, press coverage is the biggest concern with Wright in reference to his reps at the combine. He could easily get mauled within the first 5 yards and be unable to get free, or, he could get driven out of bounds like Adalius Thomas once did to Chad Johnson (I refuse to use the name Ochocinco).

Run blocking would be another concern there.
Honestly. I think Cody was 10 times this guys worth coming out of college. If we could get the same worth with less money I think it's definitely worth a look but not in the first. This guy has 2nd round written all over him and I don't think our need is that great to take a leap on him.

Video looks good though. I just don't like how he stomps. He is not light on his feet. It looks like his knees may give out sooner than he may like.

2012 HTMB Superbowl Champion
Old 04-14-2012
Hall of Famer

Late to the party...been out of town....but I like this signing as well as re-signing Dobbins. If James can get back to the level of production he formerly had under Wade then we will be getting a heck of a LB'er.

This also shores up an area of concern that we had coming into last week. Solid depth is the name of the game.
Old 04-15-2012
Pro Bowler

yawn.
Old 04-15-2012
Hall of Famer

I am amaze how cheap we got him for. This organization is really starting to shine!

We let a really high priced LB who did not fit the 3-4 (saving us a buttload of CAP space this year and next year) go, and got a 3-4 LB who WILL exceed Demeco's production.
Old 04-15-2012
Hall of Famer

I am certainly feeling a lot better about ILB depth now. If James can return to his old form under Wade then he may give Sharpton a battle.

OLB depth can be addressed through the draft but I see it as bpa in rd 1 for WR but if you don;t see the wr you want then you can go OLB/Oline/DT/ even CB lots of flexibility which is great and allows you take the best guy and not draft out of desperation
Old 04-15-2012

Bradie is decent. He will not be an upgrade over Demeco, but he's an adequate fill in.
Old 04-15-2012

He said that out of respect for DeMeco he won't touch #59 and he'll be wearing #53.
Old 04-15-2012
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktex View Post
Bradie is decent. He will not be an upgrade over Demeco, but he's an adequate fill in.
When you can save millions and the level of play will probably not see any drop off.............thats a helluva upgrade!!
Old 04-15-2012
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtex63 View Post
When you can save millions and the level of play will probably not see any drop off.............thats a helluva upgrade!!
James better then Ryans? Now that is funny!! It was a joke....right??
Old 04-15-2012
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
One of the pluses of taking Fleener would be keeping him from getting picked up by Indy. They're drooling at the chance of him falling to them and I don't blame them. Luck to Fleener would be money for years. We gotta this guy if possible and I'll do cart wheels if we do.
The first pick of the secon round belongs to the Rams, they are more than happy to trade it for more picks. Fisher did it before to the Texans when we took Jason Babin with the 28th pick after we took D. Rob with the 11th pick of the first round. He burnt the Texans with that trade and he could do it again. That's if the Texans liked him enough to spend draft pick to trade for him.