HoustonTexans.com     News     Texans TV     Cheerleaders     Texans Gear    Download Toolbar     Photo Store

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Boards > NFL/Football Discussion > NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Please post all mock draft oriented discussion here.

Old 04-15-2012
Pro Bowler

I doubt we take him but I think Dont'a Hightower is BPA at #26. DeMeco Ryans and then some.
Old 04-15-2012
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
That we won't expect? We all remember drafting KJax at #20.

Zack Brown? Michael Brockers? Andre Branch? Devon Still? Chandler Jones?

Who are some names that we're not talking about but could very well be our choice at #26?

Sorry guys, accidently put this in the "Mock Draft" section.
Rueben Randle, WR, LSU
Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State
Shea McClellin, OLB, Boise State
Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State
Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford

I see all these guys as possibilities that we may not expect. It just depends where they rank on their board. They will most likely go with BPA at a position on need. I see the Texans taking either a WR or someone in the defensive front 7 (LB, DE, DT) in the 1st round.
Old 04-15-2012
WHAMMMM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaubie Love View Post
I doubt we take him but I think Dont'a Hightower is BPA at #26. DeMeco Ryans and then some.
There was a time when I wanted to trade up ahead of Pittsburgh to get Hightower, but with the re-signing of Dobbins and the signing of Bradie James...
Old 04-16-2012
Practice Squad

Default Burris is not a late round pick, he will never make that long

Burris is one of the best linebackers entering the draft, the reason he isnt getting much attention until VERY recently is his position in the NFL is unclear. But now he is showing up as 3rd round draft selections in many places. Check out the sports illustrated article http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ers/70276.html and his highlight tape.

Miles Burris Senior Highlight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VapULyU56To
Old 04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurebuff View Post
Burris is one of the best linebackers entering the draft, the reason he isnt getting much attention until VERY recently is his position in the NFL is unclear. But now he is showing up as 3rd round draft selections in many places. Check out the sports illustrated article http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ers/70276.html and his highlight tape.

Miles Burris Senior Highlight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VapULyU56To
No surprise here. I figured there was no way he'd last till the 6th round with the kind of hype he was getting.

He's a non-stop motor. Would look great on that Texans defense. Sammy Brown out of Houston would be pretty nice to have on 3rd downs also.
Old 04-20-2012
Account Suspended

TE: Coby Fleener out of Stanford.He is like Gronkowski,big,strong and looks a slight faster then Gronk.I said it last offseason we need a new TE but as usual,people on here like to stand up for lame ducks like Owen & Jacoby.
Old 04-20-2012
WHAMMMM!!!

Quote:
That we won't expect? We all remember drafting KJax at #20.

Zack Brown? Michael Brockers? Andre Branch? Devon Still? Chandler Jones?

Who are some names that we're not talking about but could very well be our choice at #26?

Sorry guys, accidently put this in the "Mock Draft" section.
The guy you have us taking in the 2nd Round, Shea McClellin, could sneak into the 1st Round. Green Bay and New England reportedly really like him.

McShay (ESPN) said last night that he reminds him of Brooks Reed when he came out last year.
Old 04-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLBCoach View Post
The guy you have us taking in the 2nd Round, Shea McClellin, could sneak into the 1st Round. Green Bay and New England reportedly really like him.

McShay (ESPN) said last night that he reminds him of Brooks Reed when he came out last year
Who lasted till the 2nd round. I'm not doubting that he could be a potential first round pick but last year the Packers and Patriots were both interested in Brooks Reed and both passed on him.

Same comparison so same result, right?
Old 04-20-2012
All Pro

Quote:
Who lasted till the 2nd round. I'm not doubting that he could be a potential first round pick but last year the Packers and Patriots were both interested in Brooks Reed and both passed on him.

Same comparison so same result, right?
Yea - but one can learn from his mistakes, right? Bet they both wish they had picked him after his play last year. Green Bay sure could have used some of his sacks.
Old 04-21-2012
Veteran

I got two for you - Josh Robinson CB. Fast as all hell. Jason Allens gone.

Brian Quick - could very well be a 1st rounder. IF Randle, Hill, Wright are gone.