HoustonTexans.com     News     Texans TV     Cheerleaders     Texans Gear    Download Toolbar     Photo Store

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Boards > NFL/Football Discussion > The National Football League

The National Football League NFL community, rival fans, and league news

Old 04-16-2012
All Pro

A silencer is legal in Texas but not in New York. As long as he doesn't try to take the silencer to New York there should be absolutely no ramifications. I am a firm believer in second amendment rights and responsible use. In fact I encourage all educated people to own at least one.

2012 HTMB Superbowl Champion
Old 04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcrl1281 View Post
A silencer is legal in Texas but not in New York. As long as he doesn't try to take the silencer to New York there should be absolutely no ramifications. I am a firm believer in second amendment rights and responsible use. In fact I encourage all educated people to own at least one.
I think they are legal in Texas now. Used to not be. A guy that used to work for me about 10 years ago or so spent 2 1/2 years in prison for possessing a silencer. I believe they've changed the laws since then to make it legal, not sure.
Old 04-16-2012
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktex View Post
I think they are legal in Texas now. Used to not be. A guy that used to work for me about 10 years ago or so spent 2 1/2 years in prison for possessing a silencer. I believe they've changed the laws since then to make it legal, not sure.
I'll say that I'm not sure the length of time they have been legal, but a silencer is still ILLEGAL if you don't have the proper Federal Permit for it. You can't just have a silencer...it has to be registered and Permitted.
Old 04-16-2012
Hall of Famer

Default a fine???

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven13 View Post
Anybody think mario will miss any games because of this ? I'm sure at least a fine.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...er-on-twitter/
Why would the NFL fine a guy for owning a gun? Mario can talk that gun to New York if he wants to but he should leave the silencer in Texas since they are illegal there. As long as he doesn't take that gun to New York City then he doesn't have a problem.
Old 04-16-2012
Hall of Famer

Breaking News: Mario Williams can't get to the Qb, So he shoots the quarterback.
Old 04-16-2012
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
I'm pretty *****' glad this guy left. He's an overgrown kid who really doesn't have a passion for the game. Good riddance.
Hahah 2nd this opinion.
Old 04-16-2012
Hall of Famer

A silencer permit cost $200.00..........my buddy just got his.
Old 04-16-2012
Veteran

Did anybody else see when Ben Tate responded to a Derrick Ward tweet saying "Thats gay,"? I was just thinking what would happen if some high profile player like Tim Tebow or Adrian Peterson had tweeted that. I checked back a few minutes later and the tweet was deleted, and I hadn't heard anything of it since so I guess the news didn't spread to the NFL or anything. Or maybe it did and I just completely missed it.
Old 04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTTexan View Post
I'll say that I'm not sure the length of time they have been legal, but a silencer is still ILLEGAL if you don't have the proper Federal Permit for it. You can't just have a silencer...it has to be registered and Permitted.
Ah, maybe that was it, didn't have a permit. It was kinda sad really. Real smart guy who made a silencer just to see if he could. Had it on a gun and had never even used. Then one of his buds got busted, and spilled for a lighter sentence. John was convicted of a violent crime, for possessing a silencer. Seems a bit harsh.