HoustonTexans.com     News     Texans TV     Cheerleaders     Texans Gear    Download Toolbar     Photo Store

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Boards > NFL/Football Discussion > NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Please post all mock draft oriented discussion here.

Old 04-17-2012
Veteran

I would've taken Konz and Randle if the draft worked out like y'alls did. Konz is an agile bulldozer and can play guard. Randle is a big framed WR who can thrive on the 1-on-1's he'll be getting playing opposite AJ
Old 04-17-2012
Practice Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs27 View Post
Thanks for sharing.

I do not see the Texans selecting Wright in the first round. So many WR prospects with very little seperating them from top to bottom. I see a big slide on receivers.

First round I would have liked to seen Konz selected. He could start immediately at RG and fill in for Myers if injured and eventually take over at center. Fleener would have also received a lot of my consideration because he is a unique weapon we could not find later in the draft.

I like Zebrie Sanders and would have been happy with that selection. Schwartz also projects well as a zone right tackle. I see Crick and Wolfe were both still available for a selection in the third.

Check out our mock draft. We had Cinci drafting Kuechly in the first which I would think would make Bengals fans pretty happy since he is a local talent.

He also selected Konz at 21 and Sanu at 53. I think the Bengals are sitting as the top team so far in our draft. Curious to see what you think.

http://boards.houstontexans.com/show...=30608&page=29
Thanks for the feedback and for sharing your board draft. I think most Cincinnati fans would be very happy with Keuchly, but I can't say I like the Konz pick. I think if they picked Konz over Michael Floyd, Mark Barron, Stephon Gilmore or Cordy Glenn, you might have a riot on your hands. C/G is a position of need for sure, but Glenn seems like a much more valuable G prospect and Floyd, that late in the draft, represents so much value at a position of need.

In addition, you certainly couldn't fault the Bengals for taking Sanu in 2. However, I think the team covets Doug Martin and it looks like he's still available in your draft. I would have gone there with that pick, but again, it's hard to argue against Sanu.

If it were me picking for Cincinnati in your draft, I would have gone 1a. Kuechly, 1b. Floyd, 2. Martin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal El View Post
but in related topic, it must be nice to be cincy right now. 1st round draft pick last season was dynamic young receiver AJ Green. 2nd round pick was promising quarterback for the future red rocket. Made the playoffs and going into the draft with the 17th and 21st overall pick. Must be an exciting off season for them.
We're all waiting anxiously to see how the rest of this offseason plays out. It seems like the "trouble makers" are gone and this is Marvin Lewis' team for the first time in years. The question mark is whether Mike Brown has changed his ways or not. It appears that we did ok for ourselves in FA and I think most people ended up being pretty happy about the way things turn out. If we can address some needs in the draft (perhaps the football gods smile down upon us and we get DeCastro?) I think we may do ok this year. We've got a very tough schedule compared to last year, so even if we get just marginally better than we were, I think we'd miss the playoffs. We'll need to be fortunate as far as injuries go (you guys know about that!) and Dalton and Green will have to pick their game up to the next level. Additionally, we'll need Leon Hall back. The defense really took a nose dive in the last 1/2 of the season when he went down.

Last edited by wcu; 04-17-2012 at 01:35 PM.