HoustonTexans.com     News     Texans TV     Cheerleaders     Texans Gear    Download Toolbar     Photo Store

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Boards > NFL/Football Discussion > The National Football League

The National Football League NFL community, rival fans, and league news

Old 04-16-2012
Texans Fan Est. 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonmanning18 View Post
Except the fastball doesn't cause a huge percentage of concussions. And to my knowledge, there aren't a bunch of former MLB player suing the league because they got concussions after being hit in the head by a fastball. The fact is that concussions dropped 40% on kickoffs last year from the year before. I don't like how the game is changing as much as it is because I love football but I am not going to criticize the NFL because what they are doing is 100% necessary because if they don't take action now, the NFL will be dead within 25 years.
I don't like this post and I don't like you and I hate your team.
Old 04-16-2012
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Except the fastball doesn't cause a huge percentage of concussions. And to my knowledge, there aren't a bunch of former MLB player suing the league because they got concussions after being hit in the head by a fastball. The fact is that concussions dropped 40% on kickoffs last year from the year before. I don't like how the game is changing as much as it is because I love football but I am not going to criticize the NFL because what they are doing is 100% necessary because if they don't take action now, the NFL will be dead within 25 years.
I know fastballs do not cause as many concussions as a 250 lbs man does, on a kick off. My point was simply to bring attention to the fact that the fastball is an iconic part of baseball. Is the KO as iconic as the fastball? Of course not, but none the less it is important to football, such as is the fastball to baseball. Also all players getting into football are totally aware of the dangers they face each time they touch the field. If they in fact to do not want to get hurt, well then do not play the game. It is not the leagues fault James Harrison wants to play dirty each and every time he gets on the field. This is up the the players to decide if they want to end another players career on the mear choice of earning an extra grand in a bet.
Old 04-17-2012
Hall of Famer

Quote:
It's not about being sissified. It's about protecting themselves. Within the next 25 years there either won't be an NFL or it will be basically a flag football league because so many former players are going to sue and the same people that built the NFL into the greatness that it is, are going to be the same ones to destroy it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...it-against-nfl
Wow...and I thought removing the KO was a joke....then this guy says that there will be no NFL in the next 25 years or if there is it will be flag....ludicrous! He trumped the remove KO lobbyist...****!!
Old 04-17-2012
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Rafsta View Post
Wow...and I thought removing the KO was a joke....then this guy says that there will be no NFL in the next 25 years or if there is it will be flag....ludicrous! He trumped the remove KO lobbyist...****!!
If there is an NFL in 25 years, it will look incredibly different than it does right now.
Old 04-17-2012
Hall of Famer

Quote:
If there is an NFL in 25 years, it will look incredibly different than it does right now.
Old 04-17-2012
Hall of Famer

Quote:
What a bold prediction!!!...........Hell, Bowling may look incredibly different.
Old 04-17-2012
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Rafsta View Post
HAAAA!!! That's classic. True in terms of peytonmanning18 though. This is a prime example of the world is going to explode debate tactic. No peytonmanning18, the NFL will not be gone in 25 years.

2012 HTMB Superbowl Champion
Old 04-17-2012
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcrl1281 View Post
HAAAA!!! That's classic. True in terms of peytonmanning18 though. This is a prime example of the world is going to explode debate tactic. No peytonmanning18, the NFL will not be gone in 25 years.
former players are going to sue the NFL int oblivion and mommies are going to stop letting their kids play because its too dangerous, not a good combination.
Old 04-17-2012
All Pro

Quote:
former players are going to sue the NFL int oblivion and mommies are going to stop letting their kids play because its too dangerous, not a good combination.
And then the world is going to explode...Players are going to have to prove that they didn't know the dangers. Good luck.

2012 HTMB Superbowl Champion
Old 04-17-2012
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcrl1281 View Post
And then the world is going to explode...Players are going to have to prove that they didn't know the dangers. Good luck.
their argument is that the league covered up the effects of concussions. im on the leagues side here, im sick of these former players trying to mooch off of the modern NFL