HoustonTexans.com     News     Texans TV     Cheerleaders     Texans Gear    Download Toolbar     Photo Store

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Boards > Texans Discussion > The Bull Pen

The Bull Pen Discuss Texans football here! HOUSTON TEXANS only discussions. Discussions involving other players and teams go in NFL section. We strive to keep this forum strictly about our Texans.

View Poll Results: Will Kubiak be fired after Texans' season ends?
Yes, and he should be. 2 8.33%
Yes, but he should not be. 0 0%
No, but he should be. 4 16.67%
No, and he should not be. 18 75.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2013
Account Suspended

Default Coaching change?

I just have a feeling it was being considered at season's start, pending reaching the superbowl. Just considering raw talent, we definitely should reach the superbowl (but won't.)

My vote is for the 1st option. Andólaugh if you want toóJack del Rio would be a good successor.
Old 01-03-2013
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelclark View Post
I just have a feeling it was being considered at season's start, pending reaching the superbowl. Just considering raw talent, we definitely should reach the superbowl (but won't.)

My vote is for the 1st option. Andólaugh if you want toóJack del Rio would be a good successor.

Considering that two good offensive linemen were let go (Marciano's decision?) and that key injuries have again played a part in the team's lack to finish-off opponents in contemporary fashion, I find it difficult to complain about Kubiak's or Schaub's entire seasonal performance. 75% of this season has been nothing short of spectacular.

If you are the race driver of an Indy car, and all of the wheels fall off, is it the driver's total responsibility?
Old 01-03-2013
All Pro

Quick question, when was this coaching change considered? Seeing that both GM Smith and Kubes got a contract extension at the begining of the season.
Old 01-03-2013
Hall of Famer

I feel dumber for having participated in this poll...
Old 01-03-2013
Texan for Life

No and he shouldn't be. 12-4 end of story.
Old 01-03-2013
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonbola View Post
Quick question, when was this coaching change considered? Seeing that both GM Smith and Kubes got a contract extension at the begining of the season.
IMO, a coaching change should be considered after multiple losing seasons in a row, I'm thinking 3. Its not like Kubiak has lost his team or players anonymously throwing him under the bus every chance they get, etc... I mean, we're complaining about the best season this franchise has EVER had, lets be real, he's not getting fired after that. McNair is not that kind of owner.
Old 01-03-2013
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by codywlms View Post
IMO, a coaching change should be considered after multiple losing seasons in a row, I'm thinking 3. Its not like Kubiak has lost his team or players anonymously throwing him under the bus every chance they get, etc... I mean, we're complaining about the best season this franchise has EVER had, lets be real, he's not getting fired after that. McNair is not that kind of owner.
Meaning McNair is not an dumby.
Old 01-03-2013
Texans Fan Est. 2002

Wow...... as it is fans from other teams saw the boards and assumed texans fans were spoiled whiners, now they get to see the "Coaching Change" thread right before the start of the playoff games??!!.

Please people from other teams not ALL of us have given up on our team. We are behind EVERY Texan every step of the way!!!
Old 01-03-2013
Watt Ya Gonna Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelclark View Post

I think you are 2 years off. This should have been posted at the end of the 2010 season. Either that or you......................
Old 01-03-2013
All Pro

Forget it. Kubiak will be here for awhile. Some of the other Texan coaches will be replaced.