HoustonTexans.com     News     Texans TV     Cheerleaders     Texans Gear    Download Toolbar     Photo Store

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Boards > NFL/Football Discussion > NFL Draft

NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-23-2012
Hall of Famer

Default So with our draft this season coming up...who do you like?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

CBSSPORTS list of expected rounds, and full player list.

1st if we don't trade it to get a few extra 2nd or 3rds. Who do you see us taking? I am using by projected round, I KNOW some guys who rank 1st round will still be around later.

1st round- Kendall Wright WR/Baylor or (I like his size better) Mohamed Sanu WR/Rutgers

2nd round- Zebrie Sanders OT/Florida State

3rd round- Shea McClellin OLB/Boise State (if Mario goes, we need depth)

4th round- Kheeston Randall DT/Texas (like his size/weight ratio)

5th round- Mike Harris CB/Florida State

6th round- Ryan Miller OG/Colorado (love his size)

7th round- Drew Butler P/Georgia

I based this on need and on the PROJECTED ROUND...as i mentioned I know many better players will be around still. IF Mario stays, I think NT moves to the 3rd...and another WR is taken in the 4th or 5th depending on how well the staff thinks Roc,Kjax and Harris will be at #2.

My GUYS I WANT draft, isn't listed. I may do it later.
Old 02-23-2012
Rookie

If we sign Mario, then that means Chris Myers is gone. So Peter Konz Center Wisonsin 1st round.... i hope we dont sign mario or if we can figure out how to make it only cost 2 mil on the cap and Mcnair can pay him 20-30 mil secretly. Because next year we have Duane Brown we need to resign which I'd rather get that done this year because hes arguably the best left tackle. Also Connor Barwin and Schaub are some names for next year.
Old 02-23-2012
Veteran

Kendall Wright has really stepped up his game over the last few years. I spent my first 2 years of school at Baylor and always liked the kid. But believe me, he looked like anything but a potential NFL first rounder. He looked like a speed/mismatch slot receiver that thrives in Art Briles' spread offense, and not too much more. He was good at getting big plays, but hardly ever in crunch time. Those he would drop.

He now has developed into a legitimate well-rounded receiver that function well up high in the deep game and down low in the screen/run game. He has made some **** good Big 12 corners look foolish. Impossible for a D1 corner to cover unless the QB is hurried.

I'm curious to know how strong he is and how well he performs in the finer points of being a receiver at this stage. I have no doubt that being around RGIII for 4 years has help develop his professionalism.

To the critiques of his size (which are valid), Wright does have phenomenal vertical leaping skills, with the benefit of being very fast. Wright used to play for the basketball team as a walk-on, and is quite the dunker at his height as well.

For all I know he could be a bust, but I decided to share some of my first-person account of a prospect which happens to be a glaring need.
Old 02-23-2012
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_in_KW View Post
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

CBSSPORTS list of expected rounds, and full player list.

1st if we don't trade it to get a few extra 2nd or 3rds. Who do you see us taking? I am using by projected round, I KNOW some guys who rank 1st round will still be around later.

1st round- Kendall Wright WR/Baylor or (I like his size better) Mohamed Sanu WR/Rutgers

2nd round- Zebrie Sanders OT/Florida State

3rd round- Shea McClellin OLB/Boise State (if Mario goes, we need depth)

4th round- Kheeston Randall DT/Texas (like his size/weight ratio)

5th round- Mike Harris CB/Florida State

6th round- Ryan Miller OG/Colorado (love his size)

7th round- Drew Butler P/Georgia

I based this on need and on the PROJECTED ROUND...as i mentioned I know many better players will be around still. IF Mario stays, I think NT moves to the 3rd...and another WR is taken in the 4th or 5th depending on how well the staff thinks Roc,Kjax and Harris will be at #2.

My GUYS I WANT draft, isn't listed. I may do it later.
Michael Floyd of Notre Dame as wide receiver. He has earned his status on his own. Kendall Wright owes most of his statistics to the fact he had a great QB throwing to him.
Old 02-24-2012
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelclark View Post
Michael Floyd of Notre Dame as wide receiver. He has earned his status on his own. Kendall Wright owes most of his statistics to the fact he had a great QB throwing to him.
In all fairness RGIII was hurt for an entire year and had a freshmen throwing to him for a season. I like Floyd but I doubt McNair would approve.