HoustonTexans.com     News     Texans TV     Cheerleaders     Texans Gear    Download Toolbar     Photo Store

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Boards > NFL/Football Discussion > The National Football League

The National Football League NFL community, rival fans, and league news

Old 02-23-2012
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansownj00 View Post
I would not want him on this team solely for the reason that he stated in a recent interview, "I definitely want to get my money." Not the kind of selfish attitude person we need around this team!
It's the NFL, all these guys want "dey paper". Would you turn down the chance at a pay raise?
Old 02-23-2012
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansownj00 View Post
I would not want him on this team solely for the reason that he stated in a recent interview, "I definitely want to get my money." Not the kind of selfish attitude person we need around this team!
This is a naive view. He has performed well while being paid relatively low on his first contract, and now wants to be compensated to reflect his accomplishments and ability to contribute.
Old 02-23-2012
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by THENFL View Post
I don't think it's a fair statement. He has played 3 NFL seasons, 16 games per season and remained healthy.

After his rookie year he caught passes for over 1,000 yards each year, and racked about 10 TDs a year sharing the limelight with Hines Ward and a good offense.

I think the guy is pretty good, proven and still young.
THAT right there is why it's smart to spend a 1st on a guy like Wallace. You can spend a 1st on the top college guy in the draft with ZERO idea that he will workout at the NFL level or not. With Wallace you have 3 years of proof that he can and has. The only question in mind is money and if you really want him the money will be there.

However, we nor anyone else will get that shot at him since the Squeelers will franchise him and do their version of "Got to find the money". The only possibility would be some sort of trade and what we would have to give up would hurt ..... big time.
Old 02-24-2012
Texans Fan Est. 2002

Gawd I want the draft and free agency to get here. Is it August yet? Lol.

Wallace would be worth OUR first round pick plus a little more. Maybe a player, hope they will take Jacoby or KJac.
Old 02-24-2012
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonmanning18 View Post
It's the NFL, all these guys want "dey paper". Would you turn down the chance at a pay raise?
agreed. If anything I appreciate his honesty, he just says what everyone else thinks
Old 02-25-2012
2010 Texans Rookie

I like the honesty too, & I agree with most insofar as the Steelers will rework enough contracts to get under the 23mil in cap debt they originally were At least thats what sports radio here in Denver said it started at which is why so many will be gone or have major bonuses payed out now rather than later.

In the perfect situation though, I wouldn't, not cuz Wallace isn't good, but we want to find a way to keep our guys as well & tagging Foster to sign Williams will only put it off for a year, then who else next year along with Foster. We aren't terrible right now so I think its worth the risk to keep the 1st rounder & draft a pair of wideouts during the draft & see if one of them pans out. Other than that maybe a WR with no draft picks to be lost at a moderate price would be great.
Old 02-25-2012
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFan23 View Post
agreed. If anything I appreciate his honesty, he just says what everyone else thinks

I cannot stand when a guy signs with a new team and in his introductory press conference that the reason he signed with that team is because it was the best move for his family and or because he loves the city and they have great fans. It's such a cop out. I'd much rather these guys just be honest instead of filling the fans' heads with delusional thoughts of actually caring about the fans and the city.
Old 02-25-2012
2010 Texans Rookie

Quote:
I cannot stand when a guy signs with a new team and in his introductory press conference that the reason he signed with that team is because it was the best move for his family and or because he loves the city and they have great fans. It's such a cop out. I'd much rather these guys just be honest instead of filling the fans' heads with delusional thoughts of actually caring about the fans and the city.
Exactly, if I were a player who went to a new team & was asked such a stupid question I would give the most honest answer in one word "money...next question".
Old 02-25-2012
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN9S View Post
Exactly, if I were a player who went to a new team & was asked such a stupid question I would give the most honest answer in one word "money...next question".

My favorite is Albert Pujols. He left St. Louis for something like $230,000,000 and his reasoning was because god told him to and it was best for his family. It had nothing to do with the fact that the Angels offered him something like $30,000,000 more than St. Louis.
Old 02-25-2012
One Man Thesaurus

Quote:
My favorite is Albert Pujols. He left St. Louis for something like $230,000,000 and his reasoning was because god told him to and it was best for his family. It had nothing to do with the fact that the Angels offered him something like $30,000,000 more than St. Louis.
God likes Ferraris too.