HoustonTexans.com     News     Texans TV     Cheerleaders     Texans Gear    Download Toolbar     Photo Store

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Boards > Texans Discussion > The Bull Pen

The Bull Pen Discuss Texans football here! HOUSTON TEXANS only discussions. Discussions involving other players and teams go in NFL section. We strive to keep this forum strictly about our Texans.

Old 11-22-2009
Negatively Optimistic

Default The Official Texans vs Titans Crow Buffet Line

Ok everyone. There has been a lot of back and forth this past week considering the upcoming Monday Night game. We have all made our points to support both sides in this contest, all that is left now is the actual game and outcome. I hope for an injury free, exciting game, but most of all, I hope for a Texans win, the 1st of many for the 2nd half.

In honor of all of the bickering and debate as of late, I would like to open the Crow Buffet Line right now.

Win or lose, everyone that took part in the debating please show up to this thread after the game. Winners will be serving, losers will be eating.

(All in good fun guys)

Heres to a good game!!!!
Old 11-23-2009
Veteran

These CROW threads each week is getting old. Texans fans want/expect their team to win and other fans want/expect their team to win also so there is going to be back and forth arguments. I have never seen a board so occupied about eating crow and making threads about it each week. Seems more crow threads than actual football related threads.
Old 11-23-2009
Hall of Famer

I think the crow threads are ridiculous also. Anything can happen. Look no further than yesterday's games. Aside fromt he obvious KC/Pitt and Cin/Oak games, you expect the Ravens to never score a single touchdown?

How about that Cle/Det game? It was like a Brady/Manning showdown in that game...who saw that coming?

Anyone can be right or wrong. So many variables play into a game and some downright out of this world looney things can alter it as well.

Predicting wrong in the NFL isn't always because you were wrong in your assessment. Also...having your prediction come true isn't always because you're the utmost in NFL knowledge.
Old 11-23-2009
Negatively Optimistic

*sigh*

You guys take all the fun out of things. It's a tradition to both "smack talk" and "serve crow", but you would choose my crow thread over those of the past to rain on. At least I posted this one before the game started, and not after the outcome was known to everyone.
Old 11-23-2009
Kool Aid Addict

Lets face unless trash talking is going to end crow eating will not end either (and we know trash talking will never stop, so....), get over it. This is what makes the NFL what it is, the anticpation of upcoming games and celebration of victories and losses after the fact that makes being a NFL Fan a 24/7 365 day a year habit if you let it, or want it to be.
Old 11-23-2009
Negatively Optimistic

I always thought that if you are a football fan and have the testicular fortitude to visit another teams message board to talk smack, then your true mesure of worth is if you can stomache going back to that board for your crow in the event you lose. And should you win, it gives value to all the trolling you did there before the game.

There has been plenty of trolling for this game, figured a crow thread was in order, guess I thought wrong.
Old 11-23-2009
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCATALYST View Post
*sigh*

You guys take all the fun out of things. It's a tradition to both "smack talk" and "serve crow", but you would choose my crow thread over those of the past to rain on. At least I posted this one before the game started, and not after the outcome was known to everyone.
Don't let a couple of downers take the fun out of your thread. It's a good idea, it's all in fun, and it gets people to come back and talk about the game.
Old 11-23-2009
Negatively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportswriter79 View Post
Don't let a couple of downers take the fun out of your thread. It's a good idea, it's all in fun, and it gets people to come back and talk about the game.
Thank you, My purpose in doing this was to get alot of us involved in this weeks back and forth over the Texans and Titans a place to say, "hey, I'll be here after the game"

And I will be here after the game, to serve, or to eat.
Old 11-23-2009
Hall of Famer

Celebrating is one thing....I'm all for that. Shoving it down other trash-talkers throats...I'm also for. But to bask in a win and declare praise because you were right is another.

I use to...don't get me wrong...making predictions and feel like utter crap when they didn't come true until I came to the realization that the NFL gives any team, any time...any game to win, even when its worst against the best. Being pompous to others after your prediction comes true is uncalled for IMO. Your knowledge or "call" to the outcome isn't what merits or influences the outcome. A simple tip drill could do that.

Like I said, sure...celebrate and praise all you want. But to take credit for it as to "serve crow" to the other fans isn't reasonable IMO cause serving crow is more about "I was right you were wrong" type of deal when in reality...regardless of what anyone says, the outcome of the game is decided on the field not by what anyone has to say, not even "the professionals" in the "prediction" field.
Old 11-23-2009
Negatively Optimistic

ughhhh. But serving crow to a Titans fan who has been nagging our team for two weeks feels so good.