HoustonTexans.com     News     Texans TV     Cheerleaders     Texans Gear    Download Toolbar     Photo Store

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Boards > Texans Discussion > Texans Tailgate

Texans Tailgate Discuss anything related to the Texans that is not expressly about the game itself. Community news, player appearances or anything related to NRG Stadium.

Old 07-10-2010
Rookie

Default Parking Question

I have a quick question about parking at Reliant for the games.
I am a first time season ticket holder, and didn't buy the parking passes. I was wondering how much does parking cost, and If I want to ride the metro rail, how much does it cost and where do I catch it and park me car before I catch it.
Thanks
Old 07-10-2010
Kool Aid Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansfan713 View Post
I am a first time season ticket holder, and didn't buy the parking passes. I was wondering how much does parking cost, and If I want to ride the metro rail, how much does it cost and where do I catch it and park me car before I catch it.
Thanks
Parking costs 18-55 a game depending on the lot Maroon and Yellow are the Cheapest, the more expensive lots are sold out too, soo you have to buy them on EBAY probably only Maroon is available from the Texans. Call them and ask.

The Metro is like 2-3 per person and parking on the street in Downtown is free on weekends (parking lots still charge) the metro runs down m,ain street through downtown and the med center
Old 07-10-2010
Veteran

Quote:
Thanks
I didn't buy a parking pass my first year. Metro rail was a big hassle. Got to park a couple of hours before game time or the train is jam packed. After the game the lines are huge.

Like dbruder44 says the cheapest way is to park in town for free. Metro has a parking lot on Fannin south of 610. Normal parking fee is $2 or $3 per day, but they jack it up on game day. Used to be $8, probably $10 or $15 by now. Plus your two way tickets for Metro for each person. No cheaper than buying a parking pass (Yellow $18 per game, Maroon $23 per game). At this late time, if the Texans still have anything left it is probably Maroon.

After hassling with Metro, the rest of the year we parked at the hotel at Kirby and 610 for $20 (probably more by now if they still do that) - easy walk from there. The next year we started buying parking passes.
Old 07-11-2010
Hall of Famer

you can get any parking pass on ebay. There always seems to be some for every game.

I think blue lot is up to 75$-Talk about ridiculous.

Another option is to park in one of the hotels around the stadium off kirby that sell parking for 20 bucks for most games. Some even give you a free drink at their bar for you 20 bucks too.

==================================
From worst to first. --- Wouldn't that be nice?
Old 07-11-2010
Hall of Famer

Default Parking

Quote:
Thanks
If I'm you I call the Texans back and try to get a parking pass wherever you can get one. I haven't rode the Metro rail but have been told it can be a hassle. I don't think you will like the prices for parking passes in especially the blue lot off of ebay on a game to game basis. JMO
Old 07-16-2010
Practice Squad

Default Parking Passes

I purchased my season tickets on line in June and didn't get a parking pass either. I called the Texans office and all they had left was the Maroon Lot. However, they said they MIGHT have some Orange Lot passes in the middle of July. In the meantime, I bought a parking pass from someone on Ebay. It is more expensive, but I saw a Blue Lot pass on there this morning for $445.00. That's not too bad considering the actual cost. I would call the Texans Season Ticket office and see if they have any Orange passes yet.
Old 07-18-2010
Practice Squad

I've taken Metro for years. Usually park in Midtown about 10am and its about a 15 minute ride in. After the game, if you hang out and tailgate or whatever for an hour or so - it's usually not bad. Although it was horrible after the Monday Night game last year. With the game going down to the last play and it being late night - the entire crowd left at once.