HoustonTexans.com     News     Texans TV     Cheerleaders     Texans Gear    Download Toolbar     Photo Store

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Boards > Texans Discussion > Texans Tailgate

Texans Tailgate Discuss anything related to the Texans that is not expressly about the game itself. Community news, player appearances or anything related to NRG Stadium.

Old 04-09-2011
<--- Erin Andrews

Default Astros Concept Uniforms

I didn't really know where to post this so I stuck it here. I want to get some opinions on my design. With the Stros getting a new owner soon I thought some new uniforms for the next era in the franchise's existence might be cool. I tried to keep history in mind with the colors and keep some of the more recent history in mind by putting the new star behind the old H. What do you guys think?

Old 04-09-2011
Legend

Maybe a slight design change but I wouldn't stray too far from the red.
Old 04-09-2011
<--- Erin Andrews

Thanks for the comment. Im interested to know how people feel about the colors because I find that alot of people wear the old throwbacks. Personally, I don't care much for the current color scheme but I did like the black alternates they wore back in 2000. I never could figure why they switched to the red...
Old 04-09-2011
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac48 View Post
Thanks for the comment. Im interested to know how people feel about the colors because I find that alot of people wear the old throwbacks. Personally, I don't care much for the current color scheme but I did like the black alternates they wore back in 2000. I never could figure why they switched to the red...
I think it matches their brick/train station theme.
Old 04-10-2011
<--- Erin Andrews

That's a good point, never really thought about it that way.
Old 04-10-2011
All Pro

They look awesome! I would like to see some battle red though. What program did you use?
Old 04-10-2011
Hall of Famer

I like your idea with the new concept and tying of the new with some history and our past, but like mentioned earlier...you cant forget about our brick red unis...I personally like them. Its a good color scheme for our team
Old 04-10-2011
All Pro

I like them.

I liked the blue & gold before they moved to the new park best.

I know they went to the brick red because of the new park and the train station concept, but I have never liked it. I also don't like being red because that makes 3 (out of 5) teams in our division that are all red. The Cardinals and "Reds" are not going to stop being red for crying out loud and we don't need 3 teams in the same division that are all red.
Old 04-10-2011
<--- Erin Andrews

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjn80 View Post
They look awesome! I would like to see some battle red though. What program did you use?
Thanks, I found the template online and used the GIMP. You can download it for free.
Old 04-11-2011
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac48 View Post
I REALLY liked the black and silver as well. Maybe have black be away and red and black or some other combination of red be home jerseys. Good job btw.