HoustonTexans.com     News     Texans TV     Cheerleaders     Texans Gear    Download Toolbar     Photo Store

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Boards > Texans Discussion > The Bull Pen

The Bull Pen Discuss Texans football here! HOUSTON TEXANS only discussions. Discussions involving other players and teams go in NFL section. We strive to keep this forum strictly about our Texans.

Old 09-18-2011
Pro Bowler

Default Saints will be no problem

The win over the Dolphins was rough one, but we beat them. In some of the other threads that were made after the game against the Dolphins, some people seem to be worrying about the Saints game. I'm gunna say don't be. It'll be a good game, but there are several reasons why I think that not only will the Texans win, it'll maybe even be an easier win than it was against the phins!

1) Pressure on Brees: Drew Brees is a killer passer, but he can fluster and make ugly throws under pressure. You can count on Mr. Phillips dialing up the pressure against the Saints.

2) Saints Pass rush vs. Texans O-line: The Saints got 6 sacks on Cutler this week, but I don't think there is a team in the league that can't get 6 sacks on Cutler. I'm not thoroughly convinced in the Saints pass rush. The Texans O-line protection wasn't great against the Dolphins, but when they bring their A-game, they could make a case of being the best in the league. I don't think the Saints are able to bring the kind of pressure the Dolphins did.

3) Saints Secondary: Suspect at best. Schaub should be able to pick them apart if he gets enough time in the pocket.

That being considered, I think it'll definitely be a good game. If our D can contain Brees (and I think they can), then this game should be in the bag.
Old 09-18-2011
Veteran

I think it will be a close game and we have a chance but only because they're a soft finesse team just like us. It will be like playing our twin...except that in this case our twin is slightly better looking than us.
Old 09-18-2011
Pro Bowler

The Texans are not a finesse team, nor are they "soft". Those are just labels that Michael Lombardi gave the Texans based on last year.
Old 09-18-2011
Water boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
I think it will be a close game and we have a chance but only because they're a soft finesse team just like us. It will be like playing our twin...except that in this case our twin is slightly better looking than us.
I agree, but our d is a little better and that might gives us the edge. I picked the Texans winning while all my friends picked the Saints
Old 09-18-2011
TexanSaint

The Saints will be the strongest offensive test our team has seen so far this season. I am not 100% convinced that we are going to stop them.

I am expecting a close game.
Old 09-18-2011
Legend

Keep sippin the Kool-Aid
Old 09-18-2011
Hall of Famer

No problem at all? LOL yeah right. Your headcase QB and your headcase coach are taking an unproven team into the Superdome to play one of the premier teams in the league. I'm not saying the Texans can't win, but NO PROBLEM? LOL that is a joke.
Old 09-18-2011
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonmanning18 View Post
No problem at all? LOL yeah right. Your headcase QB and your headcase coach are taking an unproven team into the Superdome to play one of the premier teams in the league. I'm not saying the Texans can't win, but NO PROBLEM? LOL that is a joke.
Hey so how's Peyton doing? I hear the Brownies smothered you guys.
Old 09-18-2011
North Idaho Ninja

Mr. Peyton Manning18. Please leave. You suck. You are worse than a troll, you are a Colts fan.. Actually your not even a colts fan your a manning-sucker.
Old 09-18-2011
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonmanning18 View Post
Coming from a team that loses ONE player, and can't get their s%!# together? How about you go to the Colts forums, and talk about how you guys are last after two games?