HoustonTexans.com     News     Texans TV     Cheerleaders     Texans Gear    Download Toolbar     Photo Store

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Boards > Texans Discussion > Texans Tailgate

Texans Tailgate Discuss anything related to the Texans that is not expressly about the game itself. Community news, player appearances or anything related to NRG Stadium.

Old 01-25-2012
The Beast and A Monster

Default Texans ice chest

Okay first off this isn't a sale thread more of a research i'm doing.

I'm going to start building Texans Ice chest that was wooden with a nice wood stain on it to preserve it life..

These babies will be hand crafted and stained. I'll be also furshing the ice chest which will be inside the wooden build out.

It's features will consist of a drain plug on the external wood frame and easy detachment to clean the chest out. They will have to options which will be a wheeled version and non wheeled.

these will be the actual cooler sizes and some different sizes but this is a general ideal.
48 qt.
120qt
70 qt

Any thoughts on this. I have one in construction i plan on posting soon.

different heights will be available also
Old 01-25-2012
Hall of Famer

If that's what you like doing then more power to you brother.

JUST LAUNCHED ...operation build some **** Texan ice chests.2012
Old 01-25-2012
The Beast and A Monster

ill be doing dbl sided ice chest also..

i love crafting items and building them.

my researching been showinf some from 300-400 bucks.

ill be more around 150 to 250 unless special orders.

even thinking about doing one with a enclosed food warmer and part ice chest. Warmer isnt electric but an plastic oven that holds the heat in for hours
Old 01-26-2012
Hall of Famer

Can you make a non furshed version?

==================================
From worst to first. --- Wouldn't that be nice?
Old 01-26-2012
All Pro

I work for YETI Coolers. We could get a type of Texans logo made, but it cost 1k to get that done. I wish I could get enough people together to do it. YETI's aren't cheap, but they are flat-out awesome. Great product.
Old 01-26-2012
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
I work for YETI Coolers. We could get a type of Texans logo made, but it cost 1k to get that done. I wish I could get enough people together to do it. YETI's aren't cheap, but they are flat-out awesome. Great product.

I really like the Yetis however they are very expensive. We have found when we deer hunt or go fishing that they really dont provide the benefit that the extra cost entails. No because it isnt a good product but because we are in and out of the icechest so much that it cant really do its job
Old 01-26-2012
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
I really like the Yetis however they are very expensive. We have found when we deer hunt or go fishing that they really dont provide the benefit that the extra cost entails. No because it isnt a good product but because we are in and out of the icechest so much that it cant really do its job
Constant opening of them and keeping them in direct sunlight has a pretty big effect on the ice retention. It also doesn't help putting ice in when the cooler has been out in the sun. People have a lot of success with Dry Ice as well. Maybe you had a bad gasket that wasn't keeping it air tight. Sometimes that happens. The coolers we are producing now have a larger rubber gasket. People can call us anytime they are having a problem, and we'll send whatever part it is to fix it. We aren't 1st in the cooler market for nothing.
Old 01-26-2012
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Constant opening of them and keeping them in direct sunlight has a pretty big effect on the ice retention. It also doesn't help putting ice in when the cooler has been out in the sun. People have a lot of success with Dry Ice as well. Maybe you had a bad gasket that wasn't keeping it air tight. Sometimes that happens. The coolers we are producing now have a larger rubber gasket. People can call us anytime they are having a problem, and we'll send whatever part it is to fix it. We aren't 1st in the cooler market for nothing.
I have a yeti, I like it, but why is there no insulation on the bottom of it?
Old 01-26-2012
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2throwed281 View Post
I have a yeti, I like it, but why is there no insulation on the bottom of it?
What type do you have? We have models that we don't make anymore. I.E. The Roughnecks and Sherpas. They aren't nearly as good as the Tundra series.
Old 01-26-2012
Hall of Famer

Quote:
What type do you have? We have models that we don't make anymore. I.E. The Roughnecks and Sherpas. They aren't nearly as good as the Tundra series.
I have a tundra and a roadie. There is hardly if any in the bottom. tap on it, sounds hollow down there.