HoustonTexans.com     News     Texans TV     Cheerleaders     Texans Gear    Download Toolbar     Photo Store

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Boards > NFL/Football Discussion > The National Football League

The National Football League NFL community, rival fans, and league news

Old 05-01-2012
Rookie

Default Why Kirk Cousins is the future Texans Qb

I think he will be our next QB maybe not this year or next but in at least 3 or four. Think about it the only reason Mike Shannahan took Cousins is for trade value down the line. Coming out of Mikes system is only the butter of that toast, he will have had a few games under his belt RGIII will get hurt in the next few years not year ending but enough to showcase Kirk. How do you think we got Matt from Atlanta, who played when Vick was out? I love TJ but nothing is a giving an Kubs would be dumb to pass on Couisns. If we did have TJ I think we would have picked up cousins in the second round. Just remember this post it's gonna happen.
Old 05-01-2012
Kool Aid Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Wildcard View Post
I think he will be our next QB maybe not this year or next but in at least 3 or four. Think about it the only reason Mike Shannahan took Cousins is for trade value down the line. Coming out of Mikes system is only the butter of that toast, he will have had a few games under his belt RGIII will get hurt in the next few years not year ending but enough to showcase Kirk. How do you think we got Matt from Atlanta, who played when Vick was out? I love TJ but nothing is a giving an Kubs would be dumb to pass on Couisns. If we did have TJ I think we would have picked up cousins in the second round. Just remember this post it's gonna happen.
Any maybe in 3-4 years It might be worthy of the bullpen, until then please keep your conspiracy theories and unsigned players on other NFL teams out of the Bull Pen.

Anything is possible, 2nd round I doubt it, we may have picked him up ourselves if he fell past the 4th round, there was no way the Texans were drafting anyone but Luck or RGIII if they slipped in the draft.
Old 05-01-2012

Not sure why some are so high on Cousins. Good head for the game, but his arm is merely serviceable.

What is it about him that has some so excited?
Old 05-01-2012
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Wildcard View Post
Cousins was brought in as a security for the Redskins front office. The skins have been running off the premise that they are simply one good QB away from playoff contention for the past few years now and they do not want to see that all go down the drain if RGIII gets injured. By bringing in Cousins they are assured to have someone other than Grossman or Beck that they can rely on.

The good thing about them taking this route is the skins run the same offense that we do. Cousins will be well developed after a few years of sitting as backup in that system and with his intellect should be a starter in that system. If the Texans do not develop their own starter by the time Shaub is done with us, we will undoubtedly pursue Cousins.
Old 12-18-2012

Default Kirk Cousins

Next QB for the Houston Texans? Knows the system, better QB than Yates, doesn't mind throwing downfield, Gary's bff Mike and Kyle could give us a good deal on him...

I'm also an MSU Spartan so, of course i'm a little biased.

Your thoughts?
Old 12-18-2012
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
Next QB for the Houston Texans? Knows the system, better QB than Yates, doesn't mind throwing downfield, Gary's bff Mike and Kyle could give us a good deal on him...

Your thoughts?
I'm thinking.. Hmmmmmmm....
Old 12-18-2012
Hall of Famer

Quote:

Your thoughts?
I'm sure he will be traded in about 2 years. They will make a killing off of some sucker willing to give them a couple high draft picks. This will be another Kevin Kolb situation.
Old 12-18-2012
All Pro

Intriguing.
Old 12-18-2012
IM BAAAAAAACCCCKKKK!!!!

They're not going to trade him yet. RGIII is already showing durability issues. With the way he plays he's missing games.
Old 12-18-2012
All Pro

Quote:

Your thoughts?
Best friend is an MSU grad that knows the fam. Was hoping we took a shot at him. Pretty impressive.