HoustonTexans.com     News     Texans TV     Cheerleaders     Texans Gear    Download Toolbar     Photo Store

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Boards > Texans Discussion > The Bull Pen

The Bull Pen Discuss Texans football here! HOUSTON TEXANS only discussions. Discussions involving other players and teams go in NFL section. We strive to keep this forum strictly about our Texans.

Old 10-14-2012
Legend

Default The Sky is Falling!

Uh No.

1. Refs def gave them some points for sure. It changed to whole complexion of the game.

2. GB had something to play for and it showed. Texans weren't ready for a game like this. This might be the best thing that could happen. Now they know what it takes to beat good teams.

3. Its the NFL. Any given Sunday. Just ask SF today. Giants had something to prove just like GB and this what happens in this league.

It's a very long season and this is just one game so we will just have to see how it plays out. We will still make it to the playoffs and there anything can happen.

I will say one thing though. Kubiak better get it together with his game planning. His calls played right into the Packs D early and it cost us. Bad game for Wade too.
Old 10-14-2012
Pro Bowler

Put your koolaid away, and accept the facts.

The Texans didn't look great last week as a whole, and the Packers exposed the defense for what it is tonight. (A very injured Packers team.....with a bunch of missing parts, even)

Shameful!!
Old 10-14-2012

1. Texans came in thinking they couldn't be beat and got smashed in the mouth. Having never been down this season they really didn't know how to respond.

2. Texans shot themselves in the foot SEVERAL times. (Posey offsides, Barwin jumping over the line, and Manning punching the guy even though he was just trying to get him off.)

3. Simply Out Coached.
Old 10-14-2012
All Pro

Meh not going to win them all.
The only thing that pisses me off about this game is that we got embarrassed but otherwise I figured we wouldn't win this game. Had this notched as a loss as soon as I seen it on the schedule. Same thing for the Ravens and Patriots game and we'll probably split one with the Colts. But I'm not going to whine and give up on the team after 1 loss, we'll still end up making the playoffs with probably a 11-5 record. Hopefully we get our **** together by then.
Old 10-14-2012
Legend

Yup and its only one game. Yall thought this was going to be easy. LOL.... all this does is shake off the bandwagoners..bye
Old 10-14-2012
In the valley of the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
1. Texans came in thinking they couldn't be beat and got smashed in the mouth. Having never been down this season they really didn't know how to respond.

2. Texans shot themselves in the foot SEVERAL times. (Posey offsides, Barwin jumping over the line, and Manning punching the guy even though he was just trying to get him off.)

3. Simply Out Coached.
Im not going to do a "this ^" but, ok well I did but yea, ditto. This sums it up nicely.
Old 10-14-2012
Exactly Awesome

I gotta some of our fans really make me ashamed. Every team has to deal with adversity/ ups and downs throughout the season and some of our so called fans have completely folded like we are 1-5 instead of 5-1
Old 10-14-2012
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post

3. Simply Out Coached.

Ill give you all this Nate for THIS game, but the season is not over. A long way to go and like I said I'm glad this happened because now you know what it takes to beat good teams.
Old 10-14-2012
All Pro

Default Wake up call

Texans need a wake up call; maybe this is it.

There are a few Texans that have not been playing up to their potential. Andre with drops he does not normally make, Barwin has shown nothing, ASmith is usually disruptive, but not lately; Texans need to get back to work. JJ Watt, Braman, Daniels, and Cushing have been high effort players. Rest of the players need to step it up.

NY game was a win, but was ugly; GB has dominated with a lot of players out. Back to basics, back to all out effort on every play, back to getting your head in the game and getting some focus.
Old 10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTexans View Post
Ill give you all this Nate for THIS game, but the season is not over. A long way to go and like I said I'm glad this happened because now you know what it takes to beat good teams.
The Texans got embarrassed. They DO feel ashamed and i'm sure they'll come back because of how pathetic they looked.