HoustonTexans.com     News     Texans TV     Cheerleaders     Texans Gear    Download Toolbar     Photo Store

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Boards > Texans Discussion > The Bull Pen

The Bull Pen Discuss Texans football here! HOUSTON TEXANS only discussions. Discussions involving other players and teams go in NFL section. We strive to keep this forum strictly about our Texans.

View Poll Results: Who do you think will win?
Houston Texans 51 69.86%
New England Patriots 22 30.14%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2012
Veteran

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I don't. They're 8th and we are 6th currently. But you know those 3 close losses? We certainly don't know about them because we WIN them.
You know those 3 close losses? TWO were by blown replacement ref calls.. (Missed FG called good, and a TD returned on a bogus hold call)

Now those are just excuses and any true follower of the Pats know the reg season just a tune up for the real season.. PLAYOFFS baby... unlike some teams we expect the Pats be in the playoffs every year. :P

(just a friendly dig after his little dig hehe)
Old 12-04-2012
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by txwooley View Post
Beleive it or not NE is the #1 rushing team in the NFL. And has been for several years now. Their run game might get overshadowed by Brady & Sons, but that doesn't mean it isn't there.
No, I don't believe it...

2012 8th
2011 20th
2010 9th
2009 12th
2008 6th
2007 13th
2006 12th

Old 12-04-2012
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txwooley View Post
Beleive it or not NE is the #1 rushing team in the NFL. And has been for several years now. Their run game might get overshadowed by Brady & Sons, but that doesn't mean it isn't there.
They pass to set up the run. Some teams run to set up the pass. Which strategy is better against playoff D's that always have strong front sevens and are strong up the middle? I would go with the strategy that seems to win SB's, JMO.
Old 12-04-2012
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsfanNH View Post
lol that may be true, but if you are an outsider looking in who would you expect run better in rain and cold.. Foster or Ridley... lol I know my money be on Foster.
Outside of foster, AJ and Daniels, houston doesn't have as many threats the pats do in ridley, woodhead, vareen, hernandez, lloyd, welker and gronk once he gets back healthy.

Ridley is having just as good a season as foster.
Old 12-04-2012
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB12 View Post
Outside of foster, AJ and Daniels, houston doesn't have as many threats the pats do in ridley, woodhead, vareen, hernandez, lloyd, welker and gronk once he gets back healthy.

You left out our Secret Weapon..

Kevin Walter
Old 12-04-2012
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTexans View Post
No, I don't believe it...

2012 8th
2011 20th
2010 9th
2009 12th
2008 6th
2007 13th
2006 12th

I was going to correct that poster but you beat me to it. Both the pats and texans have top10 rushing offense but neithher is close to being number 1.
Old 12-04-2012
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingbear View Post
They pass to set up the run. Some teams run to set up the pass. Which strategy is better against playoff D's that always have strong front sevens and are strong up the middle? I would go with the strategy that seems to win SB's, JMO.
Lets see the Giants Pass to run the balll (and stunk at running the ball last year), steelers do the same now w Big Ben, Denver does the same, GB does it that way, Colts do it that way.... hmmm what team runs to set up the Pass has won the SB again lately?
Old 12-04-2012
Hall of Famer

Quote:

Have to disagree...Casey, Walter, Graham, Tate...could go on, but if you think those 3 are our only weapons, you're dead wrong. We're pretty good at spreading the ball around.
Old 12-04-2012
1st Ballot HOF|Moderator

Quote:

Here's the way I see it, only one guy can have the ball at any given moment. This goes for both teams.
At least that's how I remember it.

That said, I hope Brady gets to know JJ Watt & Co very well. I just hope his Co shows up! They should, being a good opponent.
Old 12-04-2012
Rookie

Quote:

Really? Ever heard of Tate? Casey? Graham? Jean? Forsett?

By the way, Ridley has done very well this year no doubt, but that doesn't put him on the level of Foster yet. Foster's production this year also can't be looked at in a Vacuum. You have to consider:

1) Foster has a MUCH bigger target on him than Ridley from opposing Ds
2) Much of Foster's carries have been skewed by clock management in the
2nd half after the most of the games were already comfortably led
3) Foster's also had to carry much of the load due to injury to Tate

Ridley is having a great rookie year and looks to be promising for the Patriots for the foreseeable future. Foster is already proven and is a top 2 RB in the NFL today. He truly is a special player.