HoustonTexans.com     News     Texans TV     Cheerleaders     Texans Gear    Download Toolbar     Photo Store

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Boards > Texans Discussion > The Bull Pen

The Bull Pen Discuss Texans football here! HOUSTON TEXANS only discussions. Discussions involving other players and teams go in NFL section. We strive to keep this forum strictly about our Texans.

Old 02-11-2008
Veteran

Default Blame Dom Capers/Casserly Thread

Post anything you would like to blame either of these two for...whether it is texan related or natural disaster related...just a bit of fun to take out anger on these two.
Old 02-11-2008
All Pro

I would just like to say that the offseason before the 2005 season pretty much set this team back three years, so here we are, 8-8, poised to make the playoff run that we should have made back in 2005. There's a reason that we have so few players from the Capers/Casserly era -- they sucked. Casserly was all about potential. Every draft pick was about potential and measurables, not what they did on the field. Carr had one good season in college. Gaffney was young and could have developed into something special. Pitts had only played football for a few years, so he had a high ceiling. Joppru had good workout numbers. Wand had a high ceiling despite playing at BFE State. Peek had great measurables. Babin played well in the MAC but was forced to change positions in the NFL and wasn't allowed to be aggressive (Capers' read and react 3-4 was so ghey!). We traded way too much for Babin and Buchanon, who was in the doghouse in Oakland for sucking, but we still gave up a 2nd and a 3rd to get him because "he's a playmaker". We gave ridiculous contracts to Walker, Wade, Weaver, Greenwood, Smith, Wiegert, and more. We let Aaron Glenn go and our secondary has never been the same. There's just way too much these guys messed up.
Old 02-11-2008
Demonspawn

Send a message via AIM to Nbkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor For Sleep View Post
I would just like to say that the offseason before the 2005 season pretty much set this team back three years, so here we are, 8-8, poised to make the playoff run that we should have made back in 2005. There's a reason that we have so few players from the Capers/Casserly era -- they sucked. Casserly was all about potential. Every draft pick was about potential and measurables, not what they did on the field. Carr had one good season in college. Gaffney was young and could have developed into something special. Pitts had only played football for a few years, so he had a high ceiling. Joppru had good workout numbers. Wand had a high ceiling despite playing at BFE State. Peek had great measurables. Babin played well in the MAC but was forced to change positions in the NFL and wasn't allowed to be aggressive (Capers' read and react 3-4 was so ghey!). We traded way too much for Babin and Buchanon, who was in the doghouse in Oakland for sucking, but we still gave up a 2nd and a 3rd to get him because "he's a playmaker". We gave ridiculous contracts to Walker, Wade, Weaver, Greenwood, Smith, Wiegert, and more. We let Aaron Glenn go and our secondary has never been the same. There's just way too much these guys messed up.
What he said!
Old 02-11-2008
EpicVapors.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-Bush View Post
1 dead horse + a bunch of sticks = this thread
Come on...don't tell me you never beat the hell out of a dead horse before...I'm calling PETA!
Old 02-11-2008
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neocon View Post
Come on...don't tell me you never beat the hell out of a dead horse before...I'm calling PETA!
Hell I'm all for throwing a dead horse beating party!!!!!
Old 02-11-2008
Hall of Famer

Personally I blame the price of gas, hurricane Rita, the high cost of living, third world suffering, Iraq war, hurricane Katrina and any other devasting catastrophe on C and C.

The one thing I most defintely do not blame on the two is the recent success of the Texans..... that blame lies solely on Kubes and Smith.
Old 02-11-2008
All Pro

I blame them for my record level blood pressure reading that just recently came down, I blame them for many many migraines, I blame them for exhaustion from the many sleepless nights. I blame them for my lack of fingernails and the fact that my voice has been hoarse from yelling at the TV. I blame them for the 4 years they took off my lifespan and the 4 years that I won't ever get back.

-Joe Theismann
Old 02-11-2008
EpicVapors.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3andOUT View Post
I blame them for my record level blood pressure reading that just recently came down, I blame them for many many migraines, I blame them for exhaustion from the many sleepless nights. I blame them for my lack of fingernails and the fact that my voice has been hoarse from yelling at the TV. I blame them for the 4 years they took off my lifespan and the 4 years that I won't ever get back.
...best post on this thread...
Old 02-11-2008
Veteran

alright, see these last few things is what i was going for, not necessarily texans, because like somebody already said, its been done over and over again. I mainly meant things they werent really responsible. People on these boards have such a great sense of humor and i just want to see what they can come up with.
Old 02-11-2008
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3andOUT View Post
Dude I was trying very hard to forget those four years of my life.......thanks for the refresher course.