HoustonTexans.com     News     Texans TV     Cheerleaders     Texans Gear    Download Toolbar     Photo Store

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Boards > Texans Discussion > Texans Tailgate

Texans Tailgate Discuss anything related to the Texans that is not expressly about the game itself. Community news, player appearances or anything related to NRG Stadium.

Old 06-19-2007
TEXANS SHOCK THE WORLD!!!

Default Sooooooo......

I am really bored and there is nothing going on in the football world. Does anyone know anything new for the Texans? (in the past week or so) Also, I hear that the NFL network is coming to our area, is that true? If so how the hell do we get it? Just puttin some conversation out there....holla
Old 06-19-2007
Aspiring Comic

Default Re: Sooooooo......

So far no arrests from our players this offseason, and no new players so far.
Old 06-19-2007
Practice Squad

No worries. Vonta Leach is still on the team.
Old 06-19-2007
Veteran

im not positive how to get it but it has something to do with comcast.
Old 06-19-2007
Volunteer Troll Crusher

[quote user="moses77550"]I am really bored and there is nothing going on in the football world. Does anyone know anything new for the Texans? (in the past week or so) Also, I hear that the NFL network is coming to our area, is that true? If so how the hell do we get it? Just puttin some conversation out there....holla[/quote]
Time-Warner got bought out by Comcast (at least in the Houston metro area.; don't know about Austin). They offer the NFL Network as part of the Sports Entertainment Pkg. That pkg is $5 extra per month. Comcast programming - and therefore the NFL Network - started broadcasting today. Its channel 113 on my box.

BattleRED Koolade... Is it in you?
Old 06-19-2007
Account Suspended

[quote user="Anti-Bush"]We got a new Q.B. and the old one likes Sesame Street. lol[/quote]
****!! []
Old 06-19-2007
Practice Squad

Time Warner and Comcast swapped regions for logistical purposes only. "We'll give you 400,000 "A" accounts paying 12 million a month in Houston if you give us the same in another city closer areas that we want to penetrate" type thing. My guess is that Comcast does not have the capacity that Time Warner does and they'll be selling out within 2 years. Time Warner is thinking that they'll get Comcast areas now - knowing that they'll also get their old areas back in a few years. I just don't see how Comcast has the revenue the support all of those accounts. It's pretty slick on Time Warners part. One thing for sure NFL Network still won't be on TW's channel lineup anytime soon. In the meantime enjoy it on Comcast.
Old 06-19-2007
EpicVapors.com

We're going to the superbowl.
Old 06-20-2007
All Pro

[quote user="Anti-Bush"][quote user="Neocon"]We're going to the superbowl.[/quote]
YESSSSSS!!!! Man this Battle-Red Kool-Aid is going to give me kidney failure before the eason even starts.
[/quote]
Anyone know how much sugar is in one serving of Battle Red Kool-Aid? I think there's going to be a surprisingly high number of new cases of diabetes in the Houston area.

ESPN needs to let Michael Smith have the first word on anything regarding the Texans
Old 06-20-2007
Volunteer Troll Crusher

[quote user="WildTexan55"]Time Warner and Comcast swapped regions for logistical purposes only. "We'll give you 400,000 "A" accounts paying 12 million a month in Houston if you give us the same in another city closer areas that we want to penetrate" type thing. My guess is that Comcast does not have the capacity that Time Warner does and they'll be selling out within 2 years. Time Warner is thinking that they'll get Comcast areas now - knowing that they'll also get their old areas back in a few years. I just don't see how Comcast has the revenue the support all of those accounts. It's pretty slick on Time Warners part. One thing for sure NFL Network still won't be on TW's channel lineup anytime soon. In the meantime enjoy it on Comcast.
[/quote]
I hope you're wrong about that. Comcast has been the cable vendor in the Nashville area (I got kinfolk back there) for several years now and they don't seem to be losing ground in that market.

BattleRED Koolade... Is it in you?