HoustonTexans.com     News     Texans TV     Cheerleaders     Texans Gear    Download Toolbar     Photo Store

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Boards > Texans Discussion > Texans Tailgate > Tickets, Parking Passes and PSL's

Old 03-28-2008
Pro Bowler

Default Priority Wait List for Season Tickets...

I've signed up and was wondering if anyone knew how long after the deadline they contact you to purchase tickets...and if payment in full in needed at the time they contact you...
Old 03-28-2008
Kool Aid Addict

Last year my boss did this and was notifed in late June and had a week to committ and pay, all season ticket holders have paid for 55% of their seats already and the final payment is due around memorial day.
Old 03-28-2008
Plain Hater

Default Wait List

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaldez1984 View Post
I've signed up and was wondering if anyone knew how long after the deadline they contact you to purchase tickets...and if payment in full in needed at the time they contact you...
I have found that the best way to get a psl or a good seat was to find some on one of the Texans message boards. You can find season tickets for sale or PSL's for sale and not pay the inflated prices that are on e-bay or with the ticket scammers.... oh wait, I mean ticket vendors. I waited 3 years on the wait list and never had any luck. Most of the people on the message boards want the face value of the tickets and not a penny more. Try calling the Texans ticket office at (832) 667-2002. I'm sure that someone there can help you.
Old 03-28-2008
Gridiron, TX

This was my first season as a season ticket holder. I didn't join the priority wait list. I just checked on tickets through texans.com around July last summer and was able to buy a season. Granted, I'm in sect 619 (Endzone) but love the seats. Not sure how they were available. Guess a few opened up after some people decided not to renew. So, it's anyone's guess as far as getting on the priority wait list. I would not, however, buy them online because they're not in your name---miss out on the welcome kit, mail outs, and advance sales on other Reliant events. And the prices are inflated buying them from someone else online.
Old 03-28-2008
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSideTexan View Post
[COLOR="Blue"] I waited 3 years on the wait list and never had any luck.
Define "never had any luck". The last couple of years they were begging people to buy season tickets. It was totally unneeded to even be on the waitlist since they had so many available. At one point, they still had the silly priority wait list stuff on the website at the same time they were selling season tickets over the phone and through the internet. In fact, they were still selling season tickets after regular season games had started. They just prorated the full season amount for the number of games left in the season. The priority wait list is a bit of a joke really. It's a (rather lame) attempt to make people think there is greater demand for season tickets than there really is.

If we ever get a good team that could all change but...
Old 03-28-2008
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbruder44 View Post
Last year my boss did this and was notifed in late June and had a week to committ and pay, all season ticket holders have paid for 55% of their seats already and the final payment is due around memorial day.
thanks for the info...
Old 03-28-2008
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaldez1984 View Post
I did this last year and went to the draft day party at Reliant in April. At the party, I talked to a ticket rep and we went and stood in some seats and I bought them there. Sec 519, non PSL seats.

If you want PSL seats, buy them off the board or www.seasontickets.com. For non PSL, start calling next week.
Old 03-29-2008
Plain Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb74 View Post
Define "never had any luck". The last couple of years they were begging people to buy season tickets. It was totally unneeded to even be on the waitlist since they had so many available. At one point, they still had the silly priority wait list stuff on the website at the same time they were selling season tickets over the phone and through the internet. In fact, they were still selling season tickets after regular season games had started. They just prorated the full season amount for the number of games left in the season. The priority wait list is a bit of a joke really. It's a (rather lame) attempt to make people think there is greater demand for season tickets than there really is.

If we ever get a good team that could all change but...
Definition - "never had any luck"

Every year I joined this wait list I never received a call, letter or any more information on the whole process. I was never informed how to follow up on the tickets. My best information and luck came from message boards. Just as you said,"The priority wait list is a bit of a joke really".
Old 04-02-2008
Rookie

I notice a real shocker on the main page. The Priority Deadline for signing up for the waiting list for season tickets was extended a month. What a joke.

Season tickets will be on sale well into September after the games have started.
Old 04-11-2008
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSideTexan View Post
Definition - "never had any luck"

Every year I joined this wait list I never received a call, letter or any more information on the whole process. I was never informed how to follow up on the tickets. My best information and luck came from message boards. Just as you said,"The priority wait list is a bit of a joke really".
I received a letter in the mail from a ticket rep with their number and email...i called and now i have an appt to go to Reliant and pick out my seat...