HoustonTexans.com     News     Texans TV     Cheerleaders     Texans Gear    Download Toolbar     Photo Store

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Boards > Texans Discussion > The Bull Pen

The Bull Pen Discuss Texans football here! HOUSTON TEXANS only discussions. Discussions involving other players and teams go in NFL section. We strive to keep this forum strictly about our Texans.

Old 10-13-2008
Veteran

Thumbs down To the fans that chanted "WE WANT SAGE"

Let me be as nice as I possibly can...

You suck. Flat out suck. You don't know how to be a true fan. I'm glad we won, but you losers don't deserve a winning team with that garbage. Stay at home if that's what you call being a fan. It doesn't help Schaub's confidence, and it surely doesn't help the team. Your job, and your ONLY job as fans is to help support the team. Don't BOO the coaches and QB because you instead wanted the backup QB (who always seems to be the fan's favorite player )to make more boneheaded turnovers. You are free to boo bad calls, poor performance, poor coaching decisions, but what I saw today definitely crossed the line.

Even after that debacle by RosenFAIL in the last game, you're ready to put him back in there because the O-line forced Schaub into bad throws? You think Sage would perform any better with the same O-line? Get a freaking clue. The first INT was clearly the fault of the O-line. The 2nd one was on Schaub, big deal. Like Sage hasn't thrown a pick before. Schaub's turnover's usually are a result of pressure from the D-line. Sage turns it over even with excellent protection. Big difference.

Moral of the story, stop being so **** over-reactionary. Stop whining, be patient, and support the team, and the players ON the field. Another lesson, make your judgments of the players, team after the game is completely over.
Old 10-13-2008
Veteran

Thank you. I was getting pissed at our fans. if you want the guy to do well, booing him is not going to help. it could ruin him like carr.
Old 10-13-2008
Cowboys And Titans Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaub2Andre4TD View Post
Let me be as nice as I possibly can...

You suck. Flat out suck. You don't know how to be a true fan. I'm glad we won, but you losers don't deserve a winning team with that garbage. Stay at home if that's what you call being a fan. It doesn't help Schaub's confidence, and it surely doesn't help the team. Your job, and your ONLY job as fans is to help support the team. Don't BOO the coaches and QB because you instead wanted the backup QB (who always seems to be the fan's favorite player )to make more boneheaded turnovers. You are free to boo bad calls, poor performance, poor coaching decisions, but what I saw today definitely crossed the line.

Even after that debacle by RosenFAIL in the last game, you're ready to put him back in there because the O-line forced Schaub into bad throws? You think Sage would perform any better with the same O-line? Get a freaking clue. The first INT was clearly the fault of the O-line. The 2nd one was on Schaub, big deal. Like Sage hasn't thrown a pick before. Schaub's turnover's usually are a result of pressure from the D-line. Sage turns it over even with excellent protection. Big difference.

Moral of the story, stop being so **** over-reactionary. Stop whining, be patient, and support the team, and the players ON the field. Another lesson, make your judgments of the players, team after the game is completely over.
Ditto........ the lack of football knowledge, of some people, is only surpassed by their ability whine. You don't pull your #1 quarterback after a bad quarter. ESPECIALLY for a guy that single handedly engineered the most embarassing defeat in Texan's history the week before. Are you people on Crack? Do you want Kubes to loose the team's respect as a leader? Then have him make the reactionary, emotional changes like that when the fans call for it. You're dissatisfied with the Texans play? Join the club. But this isn't fantasy football, those are humans down there. Kubiak showed confidence in his QB, many of the problems got worked out, and Matt set the franchise passing record and won the game. Geee, guess leaving Matt in was the right decision. You Sage disciples are embarassing yourselves.
Old 10-13-2008
All Pro

After the Indy game i was really pissed that fans started booing. I understand that Sage choked and blew the game...i was so sick i felt like throwing up, but like a previous poster said those are humans and booing dosnt help our team at all. I often wonder what Andre Johnson, Demeco, and Mario are thinking when the boo birds start chirping. No one wants to play for a team whos fans suck!!!!! And do free agents want to go to teams that get booed everytime something goes wrong???? I understand peoples frustration...its sucks to have a loosing team, but we can do better...

"With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'."
Old 10-13-2008
Pro Bowler

Well...we are in a front running town...its kinda bad that we have to accept it, but it is what it is.
Old 10-13-2008
Account Suspended

To those of you who make fun of sage and his bad 3 minutes and then cheering we want sage in are not real fans......

Just fans with bipolar issues....
Old 10-13-2008
All Pro

Matt Schaub started the game in the worst way possible throwing two picks and being way off target on others. It was making me sick. But think about this for a minute. You "want" the guy who fumbled twice and threw a pick on his last three drives against Indy in the most boneheaded of boneheaded ways? No, he wasn't just trying to win - he was being careless and stupid with the ball, ruining his and the team's great day and causing us to lose in a monumental way. We are desperate and confused aren't we.

The fact is that neither QB is very consistent and both are prone to mistakes. Just be glad that unlike many other teams, we have two semi-ok QBs, and keep in mind that Schaub was able to overcame the boos and throw for 379 yards connecting with Andre Johnson for 20, 23, and 61, Walter for 30 twice and 28 another time, Owen Daniels for 30 and Andre Davis for 20 while leading his team to a come from behind victory in the end - despite his and his team's four turnovers.

I was listening to the post-game on the drive home and you could tell that Owen Daniels thought the 'wws' stuff was pretty harsh (read: stupid) too. His words left me with the impression that stuff like that doesn't help and if anything it makes the team press (not in a good way) even more. The first caller to the show after the game - some woman who was obviously a Sage fan - said that Sage is clearly the better QB (clearly? - please) and actually uttered the words "unfortunately we won." Obviously wanted Matt to fail so she could pile on. I don't get it.

One other case where our genius lemming-like fans started getting all pissed off was the Eugene Wilson fumble. One fan started screaming bloody murder at Kubiak to "throw the flag" and soon the wildfire spread and everyone was doing it. I was standing there going "what?" It unfolded right in front of me and it was clearly a fumble and he was clearly not down. We could all see Camarillo coming in from behind Wilson ready to do a hatchet job on the ball and if you were watching closely you knew exactly what was about to happen. I think those who were spewing bile at Kubiak saw only the very end of the play and thought the ball came out after Wilson was down or something. There were people parked near me who left in 'disgust' after that 'non-challenge' and watched the comeback on tv in the parking lot. They regretted it.

Sometimes people think they see stuff and overreact in really silly ways.

Last edited by aj.; 10-13-2008 at 06:41 AM.
Old 10-13-2008
Veteran

Sage + Two minute Drill = INT
Old 10-13-2008
Veteran

I would not have been chanting "Sage" myself, but I don't see what the big deal is. These are grown men making millions of dollars playing a game. If their psyche is so fragile that boo's are going to "break" them, then I'd prefer to move on to the next qb. It's a part of being an NFL quarterback. Most will tell you they deserve it when they get it.

Last edited by TacoMan; 10-13-2008 at 08:17 AM.
Old 10-13-2008
Part of the 12th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaub2Andre4TD View Post

I second, third, forth, and whatever else this notion. Way to be a classic bandwagon fan. When I was at the game I wanted to throw my hot-dog at them...but then I woulda been out 5 bucks and a delicious dog